iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Mar 27, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #1,276 of 2,153
I tried the fidelizer rom a couple of times (2 versions) as i use it on my laptop very successfully and each time i had an issue with installing it, it seemed to work in the end but i have not tried the newest version which is supposed to avoid these issues as i was to worried about bricking the unit, i have used the lurker roms with great success.
d
well last night i've tried the lurker rom too, their latest, before i roll it back to the original ibasso rom, but it just stood about 1 hour coz it have no bass at all, i think it suit the vocal / acoustics genre that don't need much bass bost, but i am a basshead audiophile :)
i didn't try fidelizer lower version of rom.

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #1,277 of 2,153
Noob question, can I set the LO to max volume by some setting?

Mar 31, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #1,278 of 2,153
Ive just bought a new dx120 from shop and have a quick a/b test with my zx300, iem it04. First impression i heard that zx300 is much more musical with more sub-bass and thicker midrange, or even better seperation.
So do i need to burn in my dx120? I choosed super slow roll-off and natural sound mode, and its still a little dry sounding to me.

Mar 31, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #1,279 of 2,153
Ive just bought a new dx120 from shop and have a quick a/b test with my zx300, iem it04. First impression i heard that zx300 is much more musical with more sub-bass and thicker midrange, or even better seperation.
So do i need to burn in my dx120? I choosed super slow roll-off and natural sound mode, and its still a little dry sounding to me.
Are you using the balanced output?

Mar 31, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #1,281 of 2,153
Yes i use balanced port. May be i need to burn in with that burnin cable for a while and check if it has any changes in sound.
Paul recommends it. I have enough hours on mine that it absolutely doesn't sound dry or clinical. Burn it in and also allow your mind time to adjust if you are accustomed to another DAP.

Mar 31, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #1,283 of 2,153
Paul recommends it. I have enough hours on mine that it absolutely doesn't sound dry or clinical. Burn it in and also allow your mind time to adjust if you are accustomed to another DAP.
After almost 24h burn-in, my dx120 sounds much better with more thickness and clarity, perfectly match my IT04. Im very happy with the sound.

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #1,284 of 2,153
After almost 24h burn-in, my dx120 sounds much better with more thickness and clarity, perfectly match my IT04. Im very happy with the sound.
HI, i hade a similar problem a few months ago, i found the dx120 sound less than musical and thin, i wrote to paul and he said that the burn in was vital (you need to burn in balanced seperately and cannot use the supplied tool for this which i did not know until i was told).

it now sounds great (balanced) with fiio fa7 and the only change i would like would be to add replay gain.

d

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #1,285 of 2,153
HI, i hade a similar problem a few months ago, i found the dx120 sound less than musical and thin, i wrote to paul and he said that the burn in was vital (you need to burn in balanced seperately and cannot use the supplied tool for this which i did not know until i was told).

I am confused. What tool are you referring to? That stub cable that plugs into the balanced port? I am using that to burn-in. And what do you mean "Burn in balanced separately"? How do you do that without that tool? Are two burn-ins required? One for balanced and one for non-balanced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back