1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.6.94 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Next

Last
  1. Victorfabius
    I think we're quite in agreement there.

2. Paul - iBasso
    Please try the current FW (always do a factory reset after updating). There is a current draw but it is a low draw.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  3. Dobrescu George
    I am not sure what to say there, I need more DSD files to test.

4. qthinxs89
    Dsd file can't playing in coax output on dx120 just flac, ape, wav and mp3

5. andi16
    Hello Paul.
    I've tried the current firmware, here my initial observations:
    1. There's an improvement: a) switch dx120 into dac mode, b) connect to a device - current draw is low. (I'm guessing dx120 is not charging internal battery)
    2. If I keep it connected and switch dx120 into dap mode - usb current draw gets around 1000mah (on my device) - this is how it should be (dx120 should charge)
    3. If I switch dx120 back into dac mode, after a while, current draw gets back to "low" (like in point 1)

Thanks for the good work!

ps.
    Yes, I would still prefer to have it as an option in the settings, but I'm not planning to sell my dx120 any more.

6. Philip Ha
    Hello @Paul - iBasso

please check this issue.

Play mode : Random
    When I select a file in "All Music",
    the artwork and information is wrong.
    It happens on only random play.

7. Keko123
    I have more issues:

1) Text break line in middle of word, not between words.

2) extra right padding in some screens will be ok.

[​IMG]

8. DaYooper
    Yes I have seen that as well. Sometimes the screen is showing info and artwork for entirely different track and artist.

9. Victorfabius
    If you change your mind, I might know a guy.

Though I'd still want to know the approximate battery drain per hour, but now I'm going to struggle to keep the Sony. Am a fan of the 4.4mm jack now, not going to lie. But it isn't absolutely essential.

Enjoy!

10. Paul - iBasso
    If you rescan does it still do this? Please email me at paul@ibasso.com with results. We are trying to duplicate this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  11. alwass89
    I'm thinking about getting this player. Random question, does it come with a screen protector pre-installed?

12. Keko123
    Yes, this still after rescan. I send you mail with this and more issues.

Thank you for support

13. magicalmouse
    Hi, i have a slight issue with the new firmware (lurker version) - when using artist mode and selecting an album and SHUFFLE -and then slecting the first track, the first track then repeats itself, this does not happen if any other track (than the first) is selected.

??

14. mbwilson111
    Yes it does, front and back.

PaganDL likes this.
  15. deja-vu
    I've been using the DX120 for 2 weeks now and its battery quick charging scenario has already damaged my lipo battery noticeably.

After the first four recharges - each lasting exactly 2 hours - the player ran for more than 14 hours in SE mode with my KZ AS10 inears.
    The power bank never turned off after the recharge process is completed.

When i charged the player for the first time overnight (at least 7 hours connected to the power bank, the charge bar indicator needs 45 minutes to change from 100% to 99%.
    Unfortunately the player only runs 7.5 hours in SE and 6.5 hours in balanced mode from that point on with the AS10.

I am also disappointed about the quality of the keys - they have different pressure points, the start/pause button has almost none.
    Protected by the included cover, the DX120 can hardly be operated. (longing for the DX90 keys - they work perfectly from the first day on, also with my beloved silicone cover)

The Shanling m5s, which I bought for comparison, needs 3 hours of charging time, but it runs more than 17 hours in SE and 10.5 in balanced mode with the same KZ AS10 headphones.

Apparently, I will have to send the DX120 back to amazon.co.uk.

First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Next

Last