1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.6.94 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
Next

Last
  1. Eddy Flycatcher
    Do I need to put my music files in the ".audio_data" folder? I have put them on the cards in a separate folder right now...

2. DaYooper
    Yes, that is the exact combo I use.

3. Keko123
    Great!! Yesterday arrived my Meze 99c and soon will arrive this DAP

4. Keko123
    Does anyone know where to buy a silicon case? I only found leather cases

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  5. HiFlight
    The audio_data folder is created when you first scan your card and updated automatically whenever you re-scan your sd card(s). Just re-scan whenever you add new music files to your card.

6. Dobrescu George
    Yes, the combo is quite good, DX120 has good control an depth with 99C. I would still use my EQ for getting the best out of the Mezes...

AFAIK, no, you don't need to place your music files in there :)

7. Victorfabius
    Does anyone use the DX120 as a DAC for a smartphone?

For those that do, does your phone try to charge the DX120 or vice versa?

If that happens, how did you solve it?

8. Eddy Flycatcher
    I have updated the library several times, but it still takes a long time (45 min.) to rescan the 2 cards I'm using (2 Sandisk 256 Gb) even when I haven't made any changes on them...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  9. Keko123
    Does anyone know if can drive perfectly one Sennheiser HD650 without amp? Sound is full?

10. Layman1
    I haven't tried driving headphones personally, but the output on the balanced socket is very powerful! I can only have the volume at 30-40% max on high gain even with demanding IEM's :)

11. ExpatinJapan
    davidmolliere likes this.
  12. Illum1nat0
    @Paul - iBasso

Hello Paul,

after a long back and forth and comparison with other players like the Shanling M3s / M5s, etc., I bought the iBasso DX120 and I'm absolutely happy with it.

Only a few subtleties bother me and so I wanted to ask if that would be eliminated with a future firmware customization.

a. Would it be possible to implement Genre / Album sorting under Genre?
    b. Would it be possible to change the font size and font manually?
    c. Would an additional composer / album sorting be possible?
    d. Would a search function be feasible with a corresponding keyboard?
    It is possible! - e. Would it be possible to select your own backgrounds?
    f. Would it be possible to change the color scheme in black and white, for example?
    g. Under iTunes there is also the option of displaying classical pieces of music by plant and work number. Would it be possible for this information to be displayed on the DX120?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  13. Eddy Flycatcher
    e. is already possible

mbwilson111 likes this.
  14. Illum1nat0
    I know. You can choose 3 backgrounds. I meant more if you can copy images on the microSD card and use it.

15. mbwilson111
    You can. You make a wallpaper folder on your SD card. It has to be a small "w" so you are better to make the folder on your PC and then copy it to the card when you have finished. You can include 9 wallpapers. 480 x 800 size. Then on your device you will see the original 3 plus those.

Have you downloaded the PDF manual?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
First

Back
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
Next

Last