1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.6.94 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Next

Last
  1. aivar1988
    Been now using this dap for a week or so. Certainly an upgrade over dx50.

And balanced output is the way to go.
    3.5mm feels a little bass shy for my taste but i guess it depends on the pairing too.

2. aivar1988
    tried to upgrade purist rom but got all sorts of errors: " cant find uboot, cant find trust.img, cant find recovery" etc.. i copyd img.update file to sdcard thats in slot 2, rebooted player it shows fidelizer logo and it works. this sound right ?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  3. magicalmouse
    Hi, i had the same problem everytime i tried, in the end it was suggested that:

1. flash with stock
    2. reset to factory
    3. flash with fidelizer
    4. reset to factory

this works but i still find Lurker works without issues so have reverted to that.

d

Lurker0 likes this.
  4. Lurker0
    Thank you! There are >700 direct downloads of 2.2.42-Lx, but almost no feedbacks. I believe that no complaints means no problems, but it is always pleasure to have a positive feedback :)

vas-tomsk, Nolbert0 and superuser1 like this.
  5. sergixxxx
    Hi everyone.

I have same problem with FW 2.1.20, FW 2.2.42, and with FW 2.2.42 Mod by Lurker0
    :frowning2:
    It happens with most tracks, but not with all.

I have:
    Player (DX120) - Amplifier (Beyer A20). Headphones (DT1990Pro).

I have tried, to be discarding:
    - Another cable (jack 3.5mm to double rca), from the player to the amplifier. It keeps happening.
    - Another headset connected to the ampli: It keeps happening.
    - Another player connected to the same cable and to the same ampli. Does not occur.
    - Headset directly to the headphone output: It does not happen.
    - Handset directly to the line output: Yes it happens.

Undoubtedly, it is the problem of line output.
    Hopefully, solutions with future FW.

PS:
    For everything else, the FW of Lurker works nice.

PD2:
    Maybe I say a silly thing. But the crackling noise only happens when you pause or change tracks while the song is playing, that is, if you do it when it is ending, that there is silence, nothing happens.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  6. Emperor 74
    Hello and good day!

Just wanted to ask before I purchase the dx120. I have a big music library, about 400 gigs, so being able to search for artists alphabetically is a must. Either that or just a fast scrolling function through artists. Are either of those things available in this player?

Thank you

7. magicalmouse
    Actually, i am using the earlier lurker firmware (previous firmware version) as i found that 2.2.42 had an issue for me, the contents of artist/album folder did not immediately display and i had to tap on the screen before they appeared which was irritating so i reverted to the previous version which does not have this issue.

It happens with both stock and lurker firmware and may only be an issue for me.

d

8. zabin29
    I don't think you can search for artist, but they are in alphabetical order and the fast scrolling works pretty well.

9. zabin29
    I had the same issue with 2.2.42, and now I'm using the earlier version

10. Emperor 74
    I see. Do the letters pop up as you scroll down the list?

Thanks

11. DrGonzo
    Nope. I would like to have that implemented as well.

12. Emperor 74
    Hm ok. I think I'll go for it and purchase this. I just hope I'll be able to scroll down fast enough without any hiccups and jankiness.

Thank you. <3

13. DrGonzo
    The scrolling is pretty quick. I haven't experienced any lag.

davidmolliere likes this.
  14. HansBarbarossa
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  15. Keko123
    Has anyone listen rock and blues music with this Dap and Meze 99 Classic? Are they a good combo? I will use the balanced output

Thanks!!

First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Next

Last