1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.6.94 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last
  1. Music Enthusiast
    Hi - just wondered what FW you are using.Is the line out noise actually still present then on the very latest FW?

2. zabin29
    Thanks for pointing this out - I have firmware 2.0.0. I will install the latest and report back.

3. zabin29
    I installed the new firmware and now I have to touch the screen somewhere to have the thumbnails of the artwork appear when browsing through albums. Not good, any ideas?

4. vas-tomsk
    Yes, firmware 2.2.42 has this error. Any ideas? We must complain to iBasso and wait for the next firmware.

5. hansuhumpty
    Paul said I can just open it up slightly and have the screw fall out. Do i have to really rescrew back in?

6. Nolbert0

I'm in the same boat as you. I also wanted to know about Replay gain (twas i who asked in a previous post) before taking the plunge but nobody seems to respond regarding the matter.

This is the 2nd time this question's being overlooked. Is Replay gain a faux pas subject here? If so, why? Lol

7. crashtest33
    It is, yeah. 2.2.42

8. XBTed
    I'm not sure how you would open it up just slightly, the back doesn't bend because it's made of glass. If you have the back off anyway, I would highly recommend reinstalling the screw- it holds the main pcb onto the frame. If you're going to go through the effort of taking the back off, then do yourself a favor and repair it correctly- it will probably save you grief in the long run!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  9. zabin29
    Also after installing the new firmware - I am no longer able to get the dx120 to work in dac mode for listening to Spotify through the usb in from my iPhone - this worked with the original firmware. Now it will work for a split second, then it will pause, and when resumed it will just play through the phone speakers.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  10. DrGonzo
    I can confirm this. Just received the DX120 today and I plugged my Sony MDR-1AM2 (w/ the single button inline remote) and the sound is very mixed up and the volume is super low. Sounds awful. The DX120 works perfectly with my other headphones w/ no inline remote.

11. XBTed
    The crackling is something that they addressed in the last firmware update. Try updating your firmware if you haven't already. I had the same problem (as did everyone, I think)- between the new firmware and letting it 'break in', the popping finally ceased.

12. crashtest33
    My DX120 is for sale in the sale thread.
    Comes with a black leather Miter case.
    Selling as I don’t need the fantastic SQ or large footprint as I’m now stacking again.
    Check it out.

13. Music Enthusiast
    Hi, did you solve the line out 'crackling' / noise issue that you mentioned in an earlier post?

crashtest33 likes this.
  14. zabin29
    Indeed, I have not heard the crackling since I updated the firmware. But now it no longer works in dac mode and the artwork doesn't display immediately.

15. mbwilson111
    They are probably working on a major firmware update. I know that folder play needs to be implemented properly as well. I am confident that it will all be resolved.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    zabin29 likes this.
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last