1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.6.94 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
Next

Last
  1. Music Enthusiast
    Hi - just got this reply to my query to iBasso about this on Facebook: "Hello, It is software and should have been cured in the latest firmware. If still an issue then the next FW will have a fix. Paul" -

Are you still getting the same issue with line out?

2. XBTed
    Nope, it's all fixed! iBasso is VERY responsive to customer feedback!

3. WindowsX
    [​IMG]

DSC_1614.JPG

DSC_1616.JPG

OK. I bought a new DX120 today just for testing this and immediately flashed Purist ROM right after opening it. It works fine here without any issue.

Maybe factory reset is required to fix strange issues sometimes but I can guarantee the ROM itself is safe and stable if you flash from stock environment. :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  4. Love Music
    would the sr15 be a upgrade to dx120?

5. mbwilson111
    depends on if you need Bluetooth, and wi-fi , but then you could go for the DX150 The SR12 and DX150 only have 1 card slot. Having two cards slots is one of the reasons that I wanted the DX120. Plus it is so ergonomic in the hand and has a really good UI. Pure music mode... that is what I like.

6. Love Music
    nope i dont need wifi or bluetooth. only sq is the most important.

7. mbwilson111
    in that case, I think you would be very happy with the DX120. Why pay for features you don't want, and give up a card slot as well?

8. Love Music
    Sorry if I confused you. I already have the dx120, but was just wondering if sr15 is an upgrade in sound.

9. mbwilson111
    I see. Yes I was confused. Are you not satisfied with the sound? Most people agree that the DX120 sounds great. However, I would rather say that my MUSIC sounds great when I use the DX120 with whatever iems, buds or iems I happen to be using with it.

davidmolliere likes this.
  10. Love Music
    No , I'm satisfied but always curious if there's something better :dt880smile:

11. mbwilson111
    In this case, relax and enjoy your music :)

Love Music and superuser1 like this.
  12. crashtest33
    I tried plugging a Mojo into my DX120 the other day using a type-c to 3.5mm coax cable but couldn’t get the mojo to receive.
    I want to bypass the DX130 DAC.
    Is the USB not two-way on the DX120??

13. zabin29
    I don't think it is, you could go coax to coax though can't you?

crashtest33 likes this.
  14. Paul - iBasso
    The USB on the DX120 is for input only.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
    crashtest33 likes this.
  15. crashtest33
    Thanks Paul!

That explains that then! (Would that be a possible software mod? Or is that a hardware limitation?)

A few issues after a months use.
    1) Does anyone else get crackling when running an external amp when you skip tracks with the side buttons?
    2) Some tracks are not displaying in albums in 'Album' view. (They display and play when you search in 'Directory' mode)
    3) Track number or title sometimes does not display over the album art meaning you have to return to the album track list to see what the track is called.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
First

Back
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
Next

Last