1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.6.94 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119
Next

Last
  1. joencaniza
    Thanks. I'm just a lurker here in the head fi forums mainly to check out reviews and monitor the dx120 thread for updates. That's why I don't post much. :)

2. expatriot
    where in the Philippines are you?

3. claudy
    so any complain with this latest FW mate ?

4. trivium911
    Awesome that was a quick firmware release... Ibasso is great!

5. trivium911
    Does anyone pair their dx120 with a desktop or portable amp? If so which one?

6. Rattle
    Wow firmwares coming quick can't ask for much more as far as that goes. Will update soon. Thanks !

7. Lurker0
    Rattle and vas-tomsk like this.
  8. Eddy Flycatcher
    Lurker can you install that firmware the same as the iBasso firmware is installed?

9. Lurker0
    Yes, but I recommend a trouble-free way.

10. Eddy Flycatcher
    Thanks Lurker! :thumbsup:

11. joencaniza
    In Laguna. Just south of Manila

12. expatriot
    I went there one time when I was stationed at Clark (probably before you were born).

13. trivium911
    Does the firmware improve battery life at all? Just not sure on the CPU at max speed function. It seems the main reason for the upgrade is improve the font?

14. Lurker0
    From my point of view, the main reason is to improve the sound. It should be obvious that constant CPU speed means more even power consumption (=less modulation and therefore better LF reproduction) and interference distribution (=less noise and cleaner HF), and high performance means less jitter... it should, but it looks like it is not! Same with other changes...

In fact, DX120 (and other current iBasso DAPs) are designed so good that such improvements are not as immediate as with DX90 or DX50. OTOH most of people are too affected by psycho-acoustics (and, as a result, by myths and false claims), but don't hear the difference where is should be obvious. I don't play on people's believes and ignorance, and that's why I list only technical details, leaving the rest to end user's knowledge and hearing.

:wink:
    It is easy to check, no? From my tests, it does not decrease the battery life.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  15. trivium911
    For what it's worth I might give with shot and install it, I doubt I'll hear a difference unless there was some way to A-B it but I only have one dx120 :frowning2:

First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119
Next

Last