1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.6.94 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111
113 114 115 116 117 118
Next

Last
  1. trivium911
    This is from using artist/album selection and going back and forth to folder/directory view. Selecting from album view for example only plays one song from that artist or album Instead of replacing what was in the now playing screen and playing all of them. It seems the only way to fully replace and play the whole album for example is to use directory/folder view. The previous firmware does not do this so I rolled back.

I'll try removing both cards and resetting though...never did try both of those.

2. claudy
    well it seems works like a charm, thanks for the tips ya...

and also before try this methode, several times i played a tracks it sounds like fast forward 2x or 3x. hope this method fix all the bugs

3. claudy
    try vas-tomsk method, it works with mine.. .

4. vas-tomsk
    I think this strange behavior of the player is due to an update in firmware 2.5.68:

claudy likes this.
  5. trivium911
    Ok guys i ran the update again, this time i did the following
    -Remove cards and factory reset-
    -Run udpate, restart and factory reset
    -Insert cards and do factory reset just to be safe
    -Rescan Library

Everything works now with the latest firmware ending in .94, Awesome!

6. Rattle
    I'll try this in a couple days. I flashed back to previous firmware and am tired of messing with it. Do you mean you removed cards and factory reset after flashing newest firmware ?

7. trivium911
    Just follow what I posted above, you will be fine...works like a charm.

8. Eddy Flycatcher
    i had to revert back to 2.4.59 because I have all the titles of my albums with in front of the title the year of release, and after scanning the cards twice even after going through the whole reinstalling the latest firmware twice it still changed all the albums titles, removed the release years from all the albums save 6 or 7...

9. trivium911
    Hmm could it be an ID3 tagging issue perhaps.

10. Eddy Flycatcher
    No, definitely not! Since it's all good now that I have returned to firmware version 2.4.59

11. Rattle
    Previous firmware is good for me also. New firmware messes up tagging that's been good all along 4 firmware at least.

12. magicalmouse
    i had a similar issue and reverted to the previous firmware which works perfectly (i wrote to Paul at ibasso and he has passed on the comments to the development team)–

my problems were

a sd card has several albums by an artist but the artist view only shows one of these (although all seem to play if random play is selected – although I would have expected just the selected album to play).

In album view all the separate artists are listed and all their album tracks are joined into one continuous list – not as separate albums as I would expect.

d

claudy likes this.
  13. Nolbert0
    This looks to be my perfect player. I'll sell all my DAPs for this (except for the Hiby R3 because it's the Mojo's glass slipper). Great HP output, balanced out, line out, dual SD slots and a snappy, simple interface with an affordable price tag... I'll buy it in an instant if ReplayGain is added. I like both jazz and metal - a potentially dangerous combination without ReplayGain!

The reason I have such an interest in this player is because my favourite DAP thus far is the Fiio X3ii because it has a dedicated line out port and this DAP is very reminiscent of X3ii but upgraded in every way. Especially the 2nd sd slot.

@Paul - iBasso still no plans to add ReplayGain?

VideoWork likes this.
  14. trivium911
    I thought replay gain didnt work in the fiio, at any rate i never noticed a difference with it on using the fiio...unless thy fixed it down the road. Its a shame though as the DX120 is better in every way, i have the x5ii and X3ii. I like deathmetal/metalcore, Jazz and some new age lol so i feel your pain i have everything on separate sd cards though per genre.

15. claudy
    well it just work for a night, today the whole problem just show up like they didn't leave. well i got rolled back to 2.5.68 again.

Rattle likes this.
First

Back
102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111
113 114 115 116 117 118
Next

Last