iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Aug 11, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #1,653 of 2,153
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 12, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #1,657 of 2,153
There is one feature in the DX120 software which I am really missing (and my venerable FiiO X3 1st gen has it). To understand it you must know that I have a large collection of tracks which are either 2 or 3 hours long. These are recordings of some radio broadcasts.

Now, to "fast forward" to, for example, minute 120 of a 180 minute recording will require a lot of endurance - because the fast forward is not accelerating. Try it yourself, it is a real pain.

Ideally after some time of pressing, the FF should accelerate, and then gain more speed if it is pressed continuously.

ibasso - is there some chance you can implement this useful feature?

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #1,658 of 2,153
There is one feature in the DX120 software which I am really missing (and my venerable FiiO X3 1st gen has it). To understand it you must know that I have a large collection of tracks which are either 2 or 3 hours long. These are recordings of some radio broadcasts.

Now, to "fast forward" to, for example, minute 120 of a 180 minute recording will require a lot of endurance - because the fast forward is not accelerating. Try it yourself, it is a real pain.

Ideally after some time of pressing, the FF should accelerate, and then gain more speed if it is pressed continuously.

ibasso - is there some chance you can implement this useful feature?
You can tap the touchscreen to shuttle on tracks!

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #1,660 of 2,153
Thank you for suggesting that. It seems I completely overlooked this possibility, it works very good.
Perhaps, coming from a player without touch display, I focused too much on the button control...
You're not alone, it took me a while to find that too. :wink:

Aug 13, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #1,661 of 2,153
So with latest firmware, if I select through artist and play and try to play an album, instead of going to the next song in the album it goes to another album. I have to browse through albums for it to not do this. Tried all settings to no avail. Installed previous firmware and everything is back to normal... anyone else ?

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #1,662 of 2,153
So with latest firmware, if I select through artist and play and try to play an album, instead of going to the next song in the album it goes to another album. I have to browse through albums for it to not do this. Tried all settings to no avail. Installed previous firmware and everything is back to normal... anyone else ?

I also had this after installing 2.6.94 firmware. I removed both memory cards and reset from the player menu. Try to do so.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #1,663 of 2,153

This is from using artist/album selection and going back and forth to folder/directory view. Selecting from album view for example only plays one song from that artist or album Instead of replacing what was in the now playing screen and playing all of them. It seems the only way to fully replace and play the whole album for example is to use directory/folder view. The previous firmware does not do this so I rolled back.

I'll try removing both cards and resetting though...never did try both of those.

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #1,665 of 2,153

try vas-tomsk method, it works with mine.. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back