1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.6.94 now out!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 31, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107
109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118
Next

Last
  1. claudy
    it head to head to hiby R5, they come with the same dual chip dac, let's wait & see how it go with dx160.

2. Rattle
    I love dx120, my home headphone rig is liquid Platinum amp, balanced HD6xx and modi Multibit. I think that sounds amazing. Dx120 with KPE balanced for going on 6 weeks everyday and the honeymoon ain't over yet !

Light - Man, JuanLuis91 and claudy like this.
  3. vas-tomsk
    DX120FW-v2.6.94

Improvements with this firmware:
    1. When deleting a song from a playlist, now only the song is removed from the playlist. The song will not be deleted from the Micro SD card.
    2. Rectified the bug that a playlist that was created but had no songs added could not be accessed.
    3. Added a current playing music indicator to the playlist view.
    4. Rectified the bug that higher resolution WV files were not supported.
    5. Rectified the bug that cue file name can't have some special symbols.

Instruction For Firmware update:
    1. Extract the zip file and copy the update.img onto a micro SD card root folder.
    2. Insert the micro SD card into the SD card slot2. Make sure there is no Micro SD card placed in Slot 1.
    3. Select Settings-Advanced-System update (the system update option appears only after the update.img is detected).
    4. Click OK to start the firmware update.
    5. The DX120 will reboot after the firmware update is completed.
    6. Select Settings-Advanced-Factory Reset to reset the DX120. This is to avoid conflicts with residual settings from the previous firmware.
    7. Delete the update.img from the micro SD card.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  4. vas-tomsk
    In firmware 2.6.94 the backlight (of yellow color) of current track in the "My music - Directory" menu does not work. That is, all cards, folders and files are displayed in plain white font. However, it would be logical if card, folder and file of the track being played are displayed in yellow font. Paul, please make such a yellow highlight.

5. Lurker0
    claudy and vas-tomsk like this.
  6. vinhnc123
    Did they fix the play mode reset?

7. trivium911
    What was the issue? I just put on the new firmware...never noticed issues with the old one though lol

8. vinhnc123
    The play mode is always "Order" everytime I reboot the device even though I chose shuffle before

9. vas-tomsk
    Yes.

vinhnc123 likes this.
  10. vinhnc123
    But now it doesn't highlight the currently playing song in the list?

vas-tomsk likes this.
  11. Rattle
    Did they fix gapless without having individual flac files. Having to rip my flacs to individual tracks is a PITA. My only complaint really.

12. trivium911
    I think I used cd rip...I can't remeber the name but either way there is software that splits the tracks automatically and tags them. Individual flac files are much easier to work with, I recommend them.

13. Rattle
    I just use cuetools. It's not a big deal but the only thing I have to do it for is my DAP... Seems ironic.

14. magicalmouse
    hi, i am wondering if anyone has had experience of the lurker and/or fidelizer firmware modifications and can definitvely say whether they are an improvement (and if so in what way)

thanks

d

15. ikkentobi
    I use the Lurker0 firmware, basically from day one. There were never any problems with it, but I didn't compare it much. One advantage which I really appreciate is that it has a better font than the original firmware.

vas-tomsk likes this.
First

Back
98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107
109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118
Next

Last