iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Mar 19, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #1,264 of 2,153
Question for Paul, is there any change that a future firmware upgrade can do something about the readability of the info on the playing screen? As you can see on the picture, it is hardly readable, the title of the album is not even visible. dx120.jpg

Mar 25, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #1,267 of 2,153
How you would compare DX120 to M9? I mean all the wireless features are compensated from the sound and power quality or they are just close ?

Mar 25, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #1,268 of 2,153
Hi @JediMa70,

Honestly, depends on your preferences.

Personally & subjectively, DX 120 has better battery life & sound than the M9 but given one is a no frills vs multiple features, this isn't really surprising where battery life is concerned.

DX 120's sound, personally & subjectively, has better staging & more engaging, though your mileage will certainly vary so I would suggest a demo if possible.

As everyone hears differently & we don't have your ears, hearing or head, hard to say which will be 'better' sound wise for you but certainly DX 120 doesn't take much to get loud, even on head gear with higher impedence though this shouldn't be a factor in your listening experience.
So as long as one or both sounds good, is up to you.

Hope you have a great day !

Mar 25, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #1,269 of 2,153
Hi @JediMa70,

Honestly, depends on your preferences.

Personally & subjectively, DX 120 has better battery life & sound than the M9 but given one is a no frills vs multiple features, this isn't really surprising where battery life is concerned.

DX 120's sound, personally & subjectively, has better staging & more engaging, though your mileage will certainly vary so I would suggest a demo if possible.

As everyone hears differently & we don't have your ears, hearing or head, hard to say which will be 'better' sound wise for you but certainly DX 120 doesn't take much to get loud, even on head gear with higher impedence though this shouldn't be a factor in your listening experience.
So as long as one or both sounds good, is up to you.

I pretty much agree with everything @PaganDL said, DX120 tends to have more driving power, to be more practical as a device physically (M9 has an edge and two corners that dig right into my hand usually, I see it as a pretty big problem), DX120 has two microSD slots vs one on M9, and DX120 tends to sound wider,, more punchy and more dynamic overall. Of course, DX120 doesn't have streaming and other fluff, where FiiO M9 was designed with a more streaming versatility in mind :)

Mar 26, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #1,271 of 2,153
Just got mine at this CNY last month, well before i set up my mind at dx120 it is between M9 vs dx120 they have nearly the same price tag but i chosed dx120 and this is great DAP. now it run with filedizer refine ROM that give a new colours to it.

Bagus @claudy,

Hope you enjoying the DX 120 a lot.

Mar 26, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #1,273 of 2,153
A quick question,
Can I just buy a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter and plug in iem's (with their stock cables) into the balanced output of the DAP?
Or would I have to buy a separate iem cable that comes with a 2.5mm jack?
Thank you
You'll need a proper balanced cable.

Mar 26, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #1,274 of 2,153
After using Fidelizer refine their lates ver. 2.4.56 rom not even until 24 hours it seems my dx 120 having problem booting up, it began with the original ibasso startup menu and suddently switch to filedizer startup menu, couple of times it just stuck, anyone have same problem?
don't want anything bad happen to my dx i've roll it back to the original rom now, shame coz i really like the fidelizer sound signature even with the free version.

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #1,275 of 2,153
After using Fidelizer refine their lates ver. 2.4.56 rom not even until 24 hours it seems my dx 120 having problem booting up, it began with the original ibasso startup menu and suddently switch to filedizer startup menu, couple of times it just stuck, anyone have same problem?
don't want anything bad happen to my dx i've roll it back to the original rom now, shame coz i really like the fidelizer sound signature even with the free version.
I tried the fidelizer rom a couple of times (2 versions) as i use it on my laptop very successfully and each time i had an issue with installing it, it seemed to work in the end but i have not tried the newest version which is supposed to avoid these issues as i was to worried about bricking the unit, i have used the lurker roms with great success.
d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back