iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Feb 11, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #1,171 of 2,153
Latest firmware. Still Cue does not work well. Pause between songs. Not all cue reads. When reading Cue of Russian titles, songs are highlighted in unknown languages.
Thank you. I will let the software team know.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 11, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #1,172 of 2,153
Latest firmware. Still Cue does not work well. Pause between songs. Not all cue reads. When reading Cue of Russian titles, songs are highlighted in unknown languages.
Can you send a cue file to service@ibasso.com and paul@ibasso.com so we can look at this and see what needs to be done? Thank you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 13, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #1,173 of 2,153
I made an in-depth review about DX120 from iBasso :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/02/little-joy-ibasso-dx120-review.html

iBasso-DX120-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-DAP-Music-Player-Photo-Art-31.jpg

iBasso-DX120-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-DAP-Music-Player-Photo-Art-24.jpg

iBasso-DX120-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-DAP-Music-Player-Photo-Art-46.jpg

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #1,176 of 2,153
Ok, I finally got the device yesterday. I'm still listening to now. I got the device with a cracked screen protector.
how to get the screen protector?
OK...from initial listening... I felt a small box is in my head. I didn't feel any sparkle on top, where I felt in opus 1s.
I just need some time to break in for this device. BTW, I have updated to newer firmware yet. Also, I still need to
play around with playing mode too.

So far, I can not say this is a bad sounding device. I just got it, I'll wait until this dx120 has some time with me.

Anyone of you who have this now, you can also help me what to do with this device.

Thank you

Ok I have spent the time with this dx120. I would say. It's a keeper for me. I still need to explore this device. But I need to figure out single ended has a problem or not. If I put the headphone Jack all the way, it sounded very thin sound. Is it headphone Jack has the problem? Anyone has same problem? Let me know.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #1,177 of 2,153
This unit looks pretty interesting. I like the idea of 3.5 and 2.5 balanced plus a dedicated line out, along with the two SD card slots. Plus I like the idea that Paul himself monitors the ibasso threads. I only own one other ibasso product right now; the it01 which I think is a true audiophile bargain.

Curious how people feel about the sound vs. the new Shanling M5S and the now discontinued though still available Cayin N5II.

Thanks.

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #1,178 of 2,153
Went shopping for a DAP and i was intially eyeing for the questyle qp1r but eventually went for the dx120 after being recommended by the store owner. For reference I compared between the qp1r, orioulus dp100r, dx120 and dx150. Imo the dx120 is better than the qp1r and dx150 while it is on par with the dp100r however because dx120 has a screen thus i chose it. Dx150 is just too warm, lacks dynamics and transparency. Qp1r has good layering but isnt detailed enough compared to the dx120, plus the UI of the qp1r just isnt that good.

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #1,180 of 2,153
This unit looks pretty interesting. I like the idea of 3.5 and 2.5 balanced plus a dedicated line out, along with the two SD card slots. Plus I like the idea that Paul himself monitors the ibasso threads. I only own one other ibasso product right now; the it01 which I think is a true audiophile bargain.

Curious how people feel about the sound vs. the new Shanling M5S and the now discontinued though still available Cayin N5II.

Thanks.
I tried the shanling m5s and cayin N5iiS(steel) version. To me the dx120 still wins me over the m5s. The M5s has laid back vocals with average clarity but awesome dynamics somehow aiming for a V signature. But in comparison to the N5iiS, it has a very good fight and it comes down to sound preference of whether you prefer the slightly warm but still transparent N5iiS or reference transparent dx120. I can see most people preferring the N5iiS over the dx120

Edit: Grammar mistake

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #1,181 of 2,153
I tried the shanling m5s and cayin N5iiS(steel) version. To me the dx120 still wins me over the m5s. The M5s has laid back vocals with average clarity but awesome dynamics somehow aiming for a V signature. But in comparison to the N5iiS, it has a very good fight and it comes down to sound preference of whether you prefer the slightly warm but still transparent N5iiS or reference transparent dx120. I can see most people taking the N5iiS over the dx120
Quite a price difference though

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #1,183 of 2,153
Well, if you can find sellers of the original aluminium N5ii it typically goes for about $199-250.

But at the inflated $500 price point of the N5iiS, the DX120 is undoubtedly better value for money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back