iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Jul 1, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #1,531 of 2,153
I've had the dx120 a couple days paired with KPE. Loaded up 128gb card and using balanced. Great sound very happy with that aspect of it. My only problem with the dap is unless I browse through directory once in a while the screen will go blank and music will stop. When it comes back from black screen it's paused at the beginning of the track I was playing. it does this if I browse through artist, album, etc. Even will do it when not playing music. If I browse through directory never an issue though. Is this a common thing? This is why i've stayed away from DAPS for years cuz there's always some douchebaggery software wise. All my album covers are .jpg and they all show fine, I get the feeling as it's buffering up the album covered on the fly it's bugging it out maybe ? Just clutching at straws I guess. Love it otherwise and I suppose just browsing through directory is not a deal breaker. I did update firmware and factory reset. did it on 2.0 and newest firmware.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #1,532 of 2,153
I've had the dx120 a couple days paired with KPE. Loaded up 128gb card and using balanced. Great sound very happy with that aspect of it. My only problem with the dap is unless I browse through directory once in a while the screen will go blank and music will stop. When it comes back from black screen it's paused at the beginning of the track I was playing. it does this if I browse through artist, album, etc. Even will do it when not playing music. If I browse through directory never an issue though. Is this a common thing? This is why i've stayed away from DAPS for years cuz there's always some douchebaggery software wise. All my album covers are .jpg and they all show fine, I get the feeling as it's buffering up the album covered on the fly it's bugging it out maybe ? Just clutching at straws I guess. Love it otherwise and I suppose just browsing through directory is not a deal breaker. I did update firmware and factory reset. did it on 2.0 and newest firmware.

Hi,
Though I haven't encountered the issues you mentioned, I just wanted to suggest a couple of things:

1. Though I usually browse thru directory like you do, maybe running a scan of the memory card to build the library might help? Also, have you tried using a different memory card?

2. As for the screen turning off, have you checked the power saver settings? It almost sounds like the player is going to sleep/powering off so maybe your settings are set for a short length of time.

Good luck!

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #1,533 of 2,153
Hi,
Though I haven't encountered the issues you mentioned, I just wanted to suggest a couple of things:

1. Though I usually browse thru directory like you do, maybe running a scan of the memory card to build the library might help? Also, have you tried using a different memory card?

2. As for the screen turning off, have you checked the power saver settings? It almost sounds like the player is going to sleep/powering off so maybe your settings are set for a short length of time.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions, I have scanned the memory card at least have a dozen times as I load more music into it each time. I have a 128gb SanDisk ultra that is new. Unfortunately it's the only card I have.

The screen doesn't really turn off it's like it blanks out, you can see the backlight is still on. I'm pretty positive it's not going to sleep because it's set for 30 seconds for screen to shut off. It should not while am touching it over and over while browsing since it is not 30 seconds right? I suppose if it was shutting off the screen it still should not stop playback right ? I have it set to 20 minute shut off if inactive. Those 2 settings are stock.

Paul - Ibasso suggested a wipe and fresh install of firmware using batch tool. I'll try that tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #1,534 of 2,153
I've had the dx120 a couple days paired with KPE. Loaded up 128gb card and using balanced. Great sound very happy with that aspect of it. My only problem with the dap is unless I browse through directory once in a while the screen will go blank and music will stop. When it comes back from black screen it's paused at the beginning of the track I was playing. it does this if I browse through artist, album, etc. Even will do it when not playing music. If I browse through directory never an issue though. Is this a common thing? This is why i've stayed away from DAPS for years cuz there's always some douchebaggery software wise. All my album covers are .jpg and they all show fine, I get the feeling as it's buffering up the album covered on the fly it's bugging it out maybe ? Just clutching at straws I guess. Love it otherwise and I suppose just browsing through directory is not a deal breaker. I did update firmware and factory reset. did it on 2.0 and newest firmware.[/QUOTE

I do have the same problems here, also 128gb sandisk class 10 A1 card. i'm running with the last filedizer version tho. usually the sudden blank screen appears when i choose 24bit file or dsf files from artist selection menu.

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #1,535 of 2,153
I do have the same problems here, also 128gb sandisk class 10 A1 card. i'm running with the last filedizer version tho. usually the sudden blank screen appears when i choose 24bit file or dsf files from artist selection menu.

Thanks for the post. I couldn't make a correlation between when it bugs out and file types. I did have some sacd iso on the card, I made dsf and replaced the ISO with the dsf versions. I have mostly 16bit flac some 24bit and dsf.

Have you done a wipe and fresh firmware install with batch tool ?

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #1,536 of 2,153
Thanks for the post. I couldn't make a correlation between when it bugs out and file types. I did have some sacd iso on the card, I made dsf and replaced the ISO with the dsf versions. I have mostly 16bit flac some 24bit and dsf.

Have you done a wipe and fresh firmware install with batch tool ?

well i don't have iso file on my card. after this problem appears on my x120 i haven't flash it with the batch tool yet.

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #1,537 of 2,153
well i don't have iso file on my card. after this problem appears on my x120 i haven't flash it with the batch tool yet.
They also advise a factory reset after firmware upgrade too. Try that if you haven't done it yet.

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #1,539 of 2,153
Question for those familiar with using the batch tool. Do you have to put the firmware on the sd card like when you just update or can you just "point" batch tool to the firmware when you wipe and flash again ?
Does this procedure wipe the sd card ?

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #1,540 of 2,153
Question for those familiar with using the batch tool. Do you have to put the firmware on the sd card like when you just update or can you just "point" batch tool to the firmware when you wipe and flash again ?
Does this procedure wipe the sd card ?
There should be instructions with the Batch Tool. You load the firmware to the BT, hold the volume up key on the DX120 with it turned off and then plug it into the computer with the USB C cable. You won't wipe the card but it doesn't need to be in the DX120 as the firmware is in the BT.

On the left side of the BT is a tab for Firmware. You click on that and then load your FW. You then plug in the DX120 and it will show up green down on the Port. You then hit Run and let it do its work.

The Globe is the language and you click on that on click the bottom or second line of words in Mandarin and the BT changes to English.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #1,541 of 2,153
There should be instructions with the Batch Tool. You load the firmware to the BT, hold the volume up key on the DX120 with it turned off and then plug it into the computer with the USB C cable. You won't wipe the card but it doesn't need to be in the DX120 as the firmware is in the BT.

Yep there is instructions but not very clear, I'd prefer to flash with no sd card in it. thanks

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #1,542 of 2,153
Did a clean wipe and flash with factory tool. Browsing in anything other than directory still exhibits this behavior for me. Swapping between 16bit/24/bit flac and SACD seems to trigger it. Kind of annoying this stuff doesn't get reported after all the reviews and support out there. Not a deal breaker for me, I'll just browse through directory. Kind of annoying to deal with however on a $300 device.

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #1,543 of 2,153
Did a clean wipe and flash with factory tool. Browsing in anything other than directory still exhibits this behavior for me. Swapping between 16bit/24/bit flac and SACD seems to trigger it. Kind of annoying this stuff doesn't get reported after all the reviews and support out there. Not a deal breaker for me, I'll just browse through directory. Kind of annoying to deal with however on a $300 device.
Sorry if this has been mentioned already but have you tried a different memory card or formatted the card you have in the player itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back