iBasso DX120 pure DAP player. Balanced, single ended, line out and 2 micro SD slots. FW 2.9.21 now out!
Jun 15, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #1,504 of 2,153
I got a new pair of 2.5 cables, but not happy with the result. The sound quality is Superb. However, now it's dap causing the issue. I have listened to fellow headifer "Plugged all the way" The sound comes out one side or sometimes
both side. I just can't enjoy the balance side of Dx120. It really starting to get annoying.

Jun 15, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #1,505 of 2,153
I got a new pair of 2.5 cables, but not happy with the result. The sound quality is Superb. However, now it's dap causing the issue. I have listened to fellow headifer "Plugged all the way" The sound comes out one side or sometimes
both side. I just can't enjoy the balance side of Dx120. It really starting to get annoying.
Is it the cable or the DX120? Have you tried other 2.5 cables?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 15, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #1,507 of 2,153
I tried 2 other cables and same, I tried to plug the cable all the way. Still the same result. Now, it looks like a dap is the problem.
It appears to be the DX120 then. I apologize for this. Depending upon when purchased and the sellers policies you may be able to get it replaced. Have you contacted the seller? You can contact me by email at paul@ibasso.com.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 15, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #1,509 of 2,153
I've been having an issue for the past week or so, and I figured this would be the place to ask about it. A few days ago, the DX120 auto-shutdown, which is fine. However, after turning it back on, the screen would just stay black for a long time. After hard resetting, I was able to boot up, but my scans of everything were erased. I decided to upgrade the firmware at that point and did so through the device itself. I've been stuck in a boot loop ever since. I can't connect it to a pc since whenever I try to, the screen goes black, and the device becomes unresponsive. I'm able to boot into the advanced menu, and I've tried to use it to install a new upgrade to no avail. Has anyone encountered this before?

So no one has had this issue? Should I just return the DX120 then if this problem can't be fixed?

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #1,510 of 2,153
Should I just return the DX120 then if this problem can't be fixed?
I'd suggest you to load full firmware image (any version you like from iBasso web site) using Rockchip FactoryTool. You may download the FactoryTool along with an instruction e.g. from here.

Jun 19, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #1,511 of 2,153
I'd suggest you to load full firmware image (any version you like from iBasso web site) using Rockchip FactoryTool. You may download the FactoryTool along with an instruction e.g. from here.

Thanks, but the DX120 freezes any time I try to connect to a computer. I have the Factory tool since I used it before for my DX80, but I haven't been able to use it now because of that. In trying to update any firmware, I did notice that one of the messages says that it is missing the trust.img. I'm not sure how I would add that.

Jun 19, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #1,512 of 2,153
Thanks, but the DX120 freezes any time I try to connect to a computer. I have the Factory tool since I used it before for my DX80, but I haven't been able to use it now because of that. In trying to update any firmware, I did notice that one of the messages says that it is missing the trust.img. I'm not sure how I would add that.
When using the Batch Tool to do an wipe and install, the DX120 isn't supposed to be on. If it freezes, you have it on.

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #1,513 of 2,153
When using the Batch Tool to do an wipe and install, the DX120 isn't supposed to be on. If it freezes, you have it on.

I don't think it's possible to connect to the pc in the mode that the Batch Tool needs with the power on. I've tried to connect in 2 different ways- with the power off and with the power off holding the vol+ button. Because of the boot looping, I can't enter card reader mode nor can I connect with the device on since it would just either keep looping or loop then freeze.

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #1,514 of 2,153
@Happosai420, just in case... To enter Loader mode for FactoryTool, you need the device to be turned off. To be sure it is turned off, disconnect it from the computer and charger, then press Power button and hold for 15 seconds. This way it works even in boot loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back