iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 24, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #10,096 of 13,503
I am keeping this version because I do no like moving backwards, but in the meantime I did a "reverse version" of my playlists. You can do it almost instantly with MediaMonkey. Honestly the people at iBasso are really nice but sometimes I wonder if they understand what I am saying. To them, it was more logical if the latest track added in a playlist (so the last in the playlist) played first. This is some twisted logic. Nowhere do playlists work this way...I should try talking to them in mandarin but I think my vocabulary is not sufficient :)

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #10,097 of 13,503
Quote:
No, it's not really gapless. They might have fixed that fade-in issue when changing tracks, but it's still pretty bad as far as a clean transition between gapless tracks. WinAmp is the only player I've seen that has a truly gapless playback. I think iBasso has taken a step backwards in the transport controls with this release. Manual track changes are less responsive and I hear hiccups when manually changing tracks. That, plus the playlist reverse-order problem means back to the previous version for me. Doesn't the iBasso team even listen to music and play with it before releasing an update?

Email them with your concerns.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #10,098 of 13,503
Just loaded up the new FW and will be giving it a spin today with my 4.Ai. Sadly, the 8.A is stuck in chinese customs and my Tzar 350 are back at heir to have their serial number (#0001) engraved. Yeah, for a balding guy I sure use a lot of Heir products...

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #10,099 of 13,503
Updated the latest firmware and listening to it now XD
Glad to see the "Play Folder" function is coming back :D
There is small click sound when changing track but that doesnt bother me a bit.

Slow track change due to bit-rate comparison, but the fade-in issue is fixed.
Did not notice much on SQ change, but have to giv it some time.

P/s: I've encountered some problem where the music suddenly stopped/paused during playback. Not sure what is the root cause as I cannot reproduce the problem, it randomly appeared.

EDIT***The random music stopped/paused issue has been solved by doing a factory reset :D

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #10,100 of 13,503
I just read my last post. "Sure, my $830 DAP sounds nicer now but I'm bummed my $1200 customs and $350 universals are at the shop so I only have my $400 set of universals to try it with."

I could just have posted this:

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #10,102 of 13,503
v1.3.5

Using a pair of JH16 + connector to listen to the DX100. I have the JH-3a but I want to hear the DX100..

They definetly upped the lower frequencies. from 35hz and below.

the high frequencies stay the same.

Ran some Dream Theater - Live at Bodakan disc 1,2,3... Zero (yes that means NO gaps, None, zip, zilch, nada) gaps from track to track (easy to detect as the crowd tend to yell from track to track and there was never a yell, silence, yell.. it was smooth as silk with no gaps at all.. TRUELLY gapless! :wink: ).

The slow change from track to track. Has to take place. That is where they are doing the bitdepth/freq rate compare. Takes a bit to do that.

Manually selecting a track in the same album. No issues with fade in/out. - Fixed!
Manually selecting track in a different album/ same artist. ZERO fade in. No clicks or pops. -Fixed!
Manually selecting track in a different album/ different artist. No fade in issues. - Fixd
Manually selecting track in a differet album/ Different artist/ Different Bit Depth (Van Halen -1984 @ 24 bit) - Very very slight fade in. Almost unnoticeable. Calling it fixed!

iBasso - GREAT job in fixing the minor issues. The DX100 is really polished. :

The sorting is fixed.

I am now getting the correct directories when the albums happen to be named the same by differnt artist.
Under all songs, if you click the settings icon on the bottom. you can sort ALL songs by title, album, artist and date added.

Artist sort. Still getting the sort on the Artist tag instead of Album Artist. Got lots of music spread everywhere (Looking at you Santana!!!). Not fixed.

Media search during bootup - Faster than before.

Cover art... not tested.

search works great... Minor note: Pressing the Enter button on the keyboard puts a carriage return. Might want to fix to do the search when the enter is pressed.

downgrading rating to: C...see post 10105

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #10,103 of 13,503
Try useing the coax output to your jh3a with the jh16 , when I do the volume is way to high at minimum valume . When I use this input from other sources its fine.
And I cannot see a way to change the output volume of my hdpr10 see if it is the same with your dx100

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #10,104 of 13,503
Quote:

They definetly upped the lower frequencies. from 35hz and below.

the high frequencies stay the same.

Exactly what I heard. The bass goes deeper with more rumble and longer decay.
It's gapless most of the time, but not all the time.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #10,106 of 13,503
Bug: Major (sorry about all the edits! Trying to narrow down the issue)

i am getting music to stop. Trying to figure what the cause is. I exited the application and now it does not happen. Seems to only happen within the application AFTER it gets to the last song of a folder then it continues until you press the setting button and EXIT the application. When you play from the widget (the screen player and not the full UI) at that point it does not do it.

Can anyone else test this (looking for reproducable).

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #10,108 of 13,503
I just updated the new software. It has much cleaner bass than before. One does not hear that darkness like before. It sounds more like the AK-100, but is still a little more refined in the treble than the AK-100.

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #10,109 of 13,503
Quote:
I just updated the new software. It has much cleaner bass than before. One does not hear that darkness like before. It sounds more like the AK-100, but is still a little more refined in the treble than the AK-100.

I actually preferred the DX100s bass to even the RWA AK100. The RWA AK100 bass can be a bit bloated itself. My Studio V 3rd ANVs bass is more controlled and reaches deeper. I liked how the DX100 bass was more textured and handled that extra quantity really well.

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #10,110 of 13,503
I have been playing my DX for hours. It hasn't stopped or hung up on any songs. I wonder what the difference is? I have all types of recordings, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, hi rez etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back