iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 24, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #8,581 of 13,503
Quote:
Nothing to do with Freq of the CPU.

There sleep function/method was not working. They only coded for hard sleep (and not right) and not autosleep like a PC does after x minutes of inactivity.

1.2.7 addressed that.

What was the main problem of 1.2.3 then? I remember someone mentioned something about a frequency. Like they boosted too much power which in turn messed up the sound and drained the battery faster... I may be wrong.

Oct 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #8,584 of 13,503
It was so painful yesterday to see the firmware upgrade results and not be able to do anything about it until late last night.  Gave the unit a good 2 hr workout with my HD650s and now at work with some Momentums... Good Stuff 
gs1000.gif

Has anyone seen increased scanning/updating times when swapping SD cards with the new firmware?  I've been hesitant to buy another 64GB card because it was taking 15 minutes every time I made a change to my existing library.  I figured swapping cards on a regular basis was't worth it.

Oct 24, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #8,585 of 13,503
Quote:
Can you recommend an in ear or closed over the ear phone that sounds close to the he500. I have the 500's and Westone 5's. I find the 5's too colored I just may prefer the sond of a closed over the ear phone than an in ear.

I answered that question the first time you asked it.

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #8,587 of 13,503
Quote:

Did they fix the sleep power issue??

Frankly all these "improved" sound with a firmware update does not really matter to me... I think that people here tend to exaggerate the "differences"... If mean if Ibasso cannot get simple UI stuff like sleep power drain correct.... what is the point?

To me DX100 is still a ****ty overpriced DAP with terrible UI and functionality. It cannot even hold battery charge overnight in sleep mode which is just plain ridiculous. Did anyone verify they actually fixed the sleep power drain issue?

Mine never had an issue with not holding it's charge in sleep mode. I left it in sleep mode for 21 hours and it drained to 67 percent. I left it in sleep mode for 8 hours and it drained 6 percent on 1.1.7. I'd say if you can't appreciate the difference the firmware has brought to the sound then stick to your ipod :wink:.

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #8,588 of 13,503
Quote:
Sorry, but what the hell is a Westone 5? Are you referring to the custom Westone ES5's?

It's confusing because you make it sound like they updated the Westone series with a new model. The newest model is currently the Westone 4.

Yes hes referring to ES5. I'd say go for the Heir 8A if he wants the sound signature of the HE500 combined with LCD2 and LA7000.

Regarding interconnects, I find them to bring enough of a difference to make me love or hate a portable rig. In the end the differences are small but quite noticeable to my ears and will either make or break synergy in my case. Silver tends to emphasis treble and mids while making bass leaner. So overall more detail. Copper tends to make the sound smoother, warmer, less fatiguing. YMWV.

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #8,589 of 13,503
Mine never had an issue with not holding it's charge in sleep mode. I left it in sleep mode for 21 hours and it drained to 67 percent. I left it in sleep mode for 8 hours and it drained 6 percent on 1.1.7. I'd say if you can't appreciate the difference the firmware has brought to the sound then stick to your ipod :wink:.

+1

" terrible UI and functionality"

Yes the UI is a bit clunky...but I can still find and play my music, so I have to disagree that it has terrible functionality....it does what its supposed to do - play music very well.

"It cannot even hold battery charge overnight in sleep mode which is just plain ridiculous"

True that the battery isn't particularly good...we know that - so turn it off \ put it on charge overnight! Holding a charge seems to have been fixed or massively improved in 1.2.7

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #8,590 of 13,503
Currently experiencing some weirdness with the new fw. I've been trying to select a certain album (hooray for boobies the bloodhound gang) and either selecting this via album or artist gives some strange results. I select a track, it starts playing, I hit the back button to go back to the player and the screen goes blank and another track starts playing (always the same track). This follows after a reboot. Is there a way to re-index? I really don't want to reset to factory and copy all my music over....

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #8,591 of 13,503
Quote:
Currently experiencing some weirdness with the new fw. I've been trying to select a certain album (hooray for boobies the bloodhound gang) and either selecting this via album or artist gives some strange results. I select a track, it starts playing, I hit the back button to go back to the player and the screen goes blank and another track starts playing (always the same track). This follows after a reboot. Is there a way to re-index? I really don't want to reset to factory and copy all my music over....

I don't see the problem with doing a factory reset... I did and it didn't erase any of my music. Granted I had to reroot my device and reinstall my programs. After doing the factory reset (from privacy settings, leave delete SD card unchecked) I then let the unit load up and stopped and cleared the Media Storage process and Music player process. After which you restart the player and let it index.

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #8,593 of 13,503
Mm,...still happening. This never happened with 1.1.7

Might need to do try removing and re-adding the album. Not sure if that's the only one, this thing has 120GB of music, might take a while to test all albums....

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #8,594 of 13,503
Quote:
Mm,...still happening. This never happened with 1.1.7
Might need to do try removing and re-adding the album. Not sure if that's the only one, this thing has 120GB of music, might take a while to test all albums....

It may have something to do with how your tracks were encoded? Are they FLAC? I remember I had an issue similar to this on 1.1.7 with one of my Expose' albums and until I expanded the files back to WAV and re-encoded them with Flac Frontend that the problem stopped. The tracks would take a long time to load and start playing music. Unless maybe something is up with your tags? I remove all extra junk and ensure there is only the FLAC tag an no other versions attached to the file as this will cause problems.

Oct 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #8,595 of 13,503
It may have something to do with how your tracks were encoded? Are they FLAC? I remember I had an issue similar to this on 1.1.7 with one of my Expose' albums and until I expanded the files back to WAV and re-encoded them with Flac Frontend that the problem stopped. The tracks would take a long time to load and start playing music. Unless maybe something is up with your tags? I remove all extra junk and ensure there is only the FLAC tag an no other versions attached to the file as this will cause problems.

It is flac, never pay attention much to tags but it must be something like that. I'll do some testing when I get time. I have a plan to get all my tags sorted, this might be a good excuse :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back