iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #5,746 of 13,503
May 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #5,747 of 13,503
Thanks to the generosity (and trusting nature :veryevil: ) of another local Head-fier, I've got my greedy hands on an O2 amp for the first time. You lads who've previously been talking DX vs O2, have you any tracks that you recommend to highlight the differences?

Incidentally, I rarely think about sound stage when it comes to piano solos. However, this album on the DX is quite marvelous.

(Track 12 in particular))

You can almost tell which way the piano is facing as the notes leap from the strings, get a good bounce off the soundboard and head your way. Good stuff. I consider the depth of sound to be one of this player's big strengths.

May 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #5,749 of 13,503
Quote:
Strange but it seems you can put the DX100 in a state of sleep while attempting to shut it down. Basically when the DX100 asks you if you want to shut down you have the OK and Cancel buttons. Press ok once and then it will give you another prompt to shut it down. This time just press the side button to shut off the screen and it seems the DX100 will use minimal power in this state.

This doesn't always work it seems. If I turn on the unit and do the above, the battery does not drain at all, quite nice. Bad bit of news is if I play something on the stock player for a few seconds, pause it, and then repeat these steps the battery will still drain like crazy. Perhaps the stock player activates something and never shuts it down? Strange.. 
confused_face_2.gif

May 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #5,750 of 13,503
Yes, I've noticed that once one 'invokes' the stock player for the first time, the unit never goes to sleep as efficiently as it does if you boot up the DX100 and then put it to sleep (without ever playing a tune). This is interesting because it demonstrates that there is a variable here which could be addressed by iBasso in a future firmware release. There's evidently some process thread (or indeed hardware stage) that the stock player is keeping running once the stock player has been used/invoked.

May 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #5,751 of 13,503
Help Please!!
Got my DX-100 today 
dt880smile.png

Loaded several hi-res albums, which I downloaded from HDTrack.com (the complete folders, just as they were downloaded, FLAC format)
All I see in theDX-100 are files that look like 001.NUL and nothing is playing.
A quick advice or link to an 'how-to' would be greatly appreciated (note that I am an Android noobe, coming from the plug-n-play world of Apple).
Thanks in advance!

May 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #5,752 of 13,503
Quote:
Help Please!!
Got my DX-100 today 
dt880smile.png

Loaded several hi-res albums, which I downloaded from HDTrack.com (the complete folders, just as they were downloaded, FLAC format)
All I see in theDX-100 are files that look like 001.NUL and nothing is playing.
A quick advice or link to an 'how-to' would be greatly appreciated (note that I am an Android noobe, coming from the plug-n-play world of Apple).
Thanks in advance!

Go to Setting->Application->Now Processing
See if a program called 'Media' is still running
Once it is done, everything should show up

The library management on the DX100 is a little slow whenever something is changed on the storage (i.e., due to moving of files).

May 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #5,753 of 13,503
Thanks.
What I am getting, when clicking on Running Applications is this"
"The Application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
Same message for another option in Settings.
I even tried a hard reset of the device, but this is all I get.
Any ideas?

May 3, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #5,755 of 13,503
Thanks. There's nothing else I know how to do with this thing, so I might as well wait. Although it's been well over 30 minutes since I loaded the files.
While I wait: does any know how to format the microSD cards to FAT32 on a Mac, or is this something that can be done on the DX100?

May 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #5,758 of 13,503
Well, you guys were correct. It was a matter of time. A lot of it.
After about 40 minutes or so the music 'showed up'.
These hi-res files are so sweet 
L3000.gif

Now to figure out how to format the SD card, load some more music, burn it in and LISTEN.
More to come...

May 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #5,759 of 13,503
Quote:
Well, you guys were correct. It was a matter of time. A lot of it.
After about 40 minutes or so the music 'showed up'.
These hi-res files are so sweet 
L3000.gif

Now to figure out how to format the SD card, load some more music, burn it in and LISTEN.
More to come...

Haha wow 40 minutes....several must've been a ton of music

Hi-res is awesome :D I'm enjoying the stuff I have

May 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #5,760 of 13,503
I hear zero difference, LCD2 and ES5, with the O2 amp; it's just sitting on my desk awaiting the ODAC. (I'm disappointed and impressed at the same time lol)
Quote:
Thanks to the generosity (and trusting nature
very_evil_smiley.gif
) of another local Head-fier, I've got my greedy hands on an O2 amp for the first time. You lads who've previously been talking DX vs O2, have you any tracks that you recommend to highlight the differences?
Incidentally, I rarely think about sound stage when it comes to piano solos. However, this album on the DX is quite marvelous.

(Track 12 in particular))
You can almost tell which way the piano is facing as the notes leap from the strings, get a good bounce off the soundboard and head your way. Good stuff. I consider the depth of sound to be one of this player's big strengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back