iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 28, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #2,971 of 13,503
Can those of you who keep publicly asking "What value was declared on the package?" please refrain from doing so? This is inappropriate on a number of levels. If you must(?!) ask such things, then please at least do so using private messaging.

Thanks.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #2,972 of 13,503
To anyone wondering, preordered February 13th, it was near midnight though. Paid the invoice yesterday. :wink: Should be seeing a tracking notice in the next day or so.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #2,973 of 13,503
My apologies, it's just a bit of a frequent practice for quite a few non-american companies, thus the curiosity :)

Quote:
Can those of you who keep publicly asking "What value was declared on the package?" please refrain from doing so? This is inappropriate on a number of levels. If you must(?!) ask such things, then please at least do so using private messaging.

Thanks.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #2,974 of 13,503
Just got my shipping notice...scheduled delivery tomorrow evening...
Pre-ordered on the 10th of Feb and paid in full last Sat  morning.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #2,975 of 13,503

Quote:
My apologies, it's just a bit of a frequent practice for quite a few non-american companies, thus the curiosity :)

Lets just say if you are to benefit from it then are you really gonna complain about it? Talk about it in private PM and even talk to ibasso directly and not mention it on the forum. Thanks.

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #2,976 of 13,503
Before this thread gets locked, let's get it back on track.

So briefly today, I went to e-earphone and tried my DX100 with a bunch of different headphones. This thing can drive up to the HE-6 (almost at full volume though), and slightly lower volume the HE-500. It could drive the LCD-2R2, LCD-3, and HD800 easily. As these were open and I was in a shop, it's hard to say if it drove it to the full capabilities of each headphone. However I'd say that it drove them well enough - decent.

Unfortunately my DX100 battery died before I got to A/B head on against the Sony Z series (for uelover) but I had a 20 min gap in-between my DX100 going flat till I got to (re)listen to the Z-series. Since the Z doesn't take cards, I had to go with whatever demo J-Pop they put on the internal memory.

A few weeks back, I demo-ed the Z-series and I was very impressed with it's SQ. But after listening to the DX100 pretty much the most of today, the Z-series didn't thrill me as much as it did 3 weeks ago. I'm @turokrocks and @OK-Guy will have their own opinions and they can do a better job of doing a direct comparison between the DX100 & Z-1070 however IMHO, if you can afford to wait for the DX100, do it.

The DX100 music interface does bug me still though. And although possible, I personally don't recommend treating the DX100 as a jukebox and dumping all your music on it. Especially when you start to have over 530+ albums & 6600 songs, it slows down painfully. I'll probably re-organise my music such that it handles a few large (FLAC) tracks. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #2,977 of 13,503
I preordered February 12th, paid yestarday morning my invoice and waiting for the tracking notice.Looks like i will have my ATH-W3000ANV from US according to Fedex before DX100 arrive.

Quote:
To anyone wondering, preordered February 13th, it was near midnight though. Paid the invoice yesterday. :wink: Should be seeing a tracking notice in the next day or so.

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #2,978 of 13,503

So briefly today, I went to e-earphone and tried my DX100 with a bunch of different headphones. This thing can drive up to the HE-6 (almost at full volume though), and slightly lower volume the HE-500. It could drive the LCD-2R2, LCD-3, and HD800 easily. As these were open and I was in a shop, it's hard to say if it drove it to the full capabilities of each headphone. However I'd say that it drove them well enough - decent.

Unfortunately my DX100 battery died before I got to A/B head on against the Sony Z series (for uelover) but I had a 20 min gap in-between my DX100 going flat till I got to (re)listen to the Z-series. Since the Z doesn't take cards, I had to go with whatever demo J-Pop they put on the internal memory.

A few weeks back, I demo-ed the Z-series and I was very impressed with it's SQ. But after listening to the DX100 pretty much the most of today, the Z-series didn't thrill me as much as it did 3 weeks ago. I'm @turokrocks and @OK-Guy will have their own opinions and they can do a better job of doing a direct comparison between the DX100 & Z-1070 however IMHO, if you can afford to wait for the DX100, do it.

The DX100 music interface does bug me still though. And although possible, I personally don't recommend treating the DX100 as a jukebox and dumping all your music on it. Especially when you start to have over 530+ albums & 6600 songs, it slows down painfully. I'll probably re-organise my music such that it handles a few large (FLAC) tracks. 

Use a third party laucher....speed things up a lot!!!

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #2,979 of 13,503
Apparently, after 6 hours of tagging all my hi-res flacs, my DX100 doesn't recognize flac tags... They just appear as the actual song title. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: It recognizes the album, and artist, but not the title, which is quite annoying -- all these "unknown tracks"

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #2,980 of 13,503
I didn't tag my FLACs...only as what HDTracks give or what AudioGate converts my DFF files down, and I don't have any problems with track names, artists, nor album names. I only have problems with track orders.

Do you have any FLACs that you didn't touch their tags?

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #2,981 of 13,503
will continental v2 still improve the sound of the dx100? i read that the triad somewhat improve the sound on certain headphones.

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #2,984 of 13,503
I received an e-mail from iBasso (very promptly considering how busy they are!) saying that my order is expected to ship next Tuesday. I pre-ordered on Feb. 15th.

I, for one, don't mind waiting in the least. They are extremely busy, and it seems like they're doing a very good job handling their orders in spite of it. Props to iBasso.

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #2,985 of 13,503

Quote:

Thanks mate, really appreciate the review, now its stuck for custom clearance, and cant wait to do an AB test. I will be using  flac files on both with Power-amp. and then the stock player from each DAP to see if there is any difference (flac vs atrac lossless) with tracks I know. The Z can drive my HE-500m but its missing the prat factor, clear but dull and would have preferred the...sorry wrong thread.
biggrin.gif
 I wonder If Jude (Head-fi) got the DX100 for a run , as this thread was almost always on top of Head-fi. I think we should ask Jude for his opinion, what do you think guys/girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back