iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 27, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #2,956 of 13,503
My slick minimalist theme for my DX100
tongue_smile.gif
....I think so anyway
ksc75smile.gif

why can't I get the pictures to show the right way......
confused_face_2.gif
. Well it is poor quality from the phone, so nevermind!

No need for the ugly music player app. icon with the media buttons.

Press play and it plays last song, to go into directory, scroll the drop down notification page, and click on song. If you have two music players, the Media buttons always default to stock player when you reboot!

Little blue number is the Battery wigdet. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #2,957 of 13,503

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #2,960 of 13,503
That UI is really clean!  Do any owners know of a good way to stream media from a PC to the DX?  I use the audiogalaxy app on my iPhone, but I'm not sure if it will run on the dx100's gingerbread OS..

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #2,963 of 13,503
Mar 28, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #2,964 of 13,503
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSC  That UI is really clean!  Do any owners know of a good way to stream media from a PC to the DX?  I use the audiogalaxy app on my iPhone, but I'm not sure if it will run on the dx100's gingerbread OS.. 1) Serviio for your PC: http://www.serviio.org/ 2) BubbleUPNP for your DX100: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp&hl=en   That should do it   

Many thanks.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #2,965 of 13,503
My iBasso DX100 has had over 100 hours burn in
beerchug.gif
. I have noticed significant changes during this period, especially this morning.

I have performed my prerequisite battery management routine that I do with every phone, tablet and now on the DX100. After receiving the device I drain the battery down to 10% and recharge. The next charge is at 5% and on the third charge, I let it drain completely and charge for 8+ hours. This advice was passed on to me by friend who is an owner of a battery manufacturing company in China, I should add Battery University.com states otherwise.

My battery have now settled and this morning I have manged to listen to FLAC files of the whole albums of Piece by Piece- Katie Melua and We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things- Jason Mraz. About 1hrs 30mins of listening and have noticed only a 4% drop in battery to 96% from a fully charge one. Admittedly, I only use the DX100 as source only, negating, perhaps the extra power usage if the DX100 when utilized as a PMP.

My listening of the DX100 as mentioned above is as a source, with the Triad L3 taking the duties of amplification.

DX100 > 3.5mm to RCA silver/gold i/c (specially made for the DX100) > Triad L3 > different cables and IEM s :-

The most noticeable this morning was that the sound has relaxed significantly, losing most of the edginess that was apparent since new. Of course, this edginess brought a very exciting signature to a new DX100, making it sound very clean and clear, but ultimately fatiguing after extended periods of listening.

Micro details are now much more apparent, nuances such as hearing singers breath, some via their nose as they sing, reverberations to voices and instrument, smacking of the lips, pulling from the mic, finger clicking etc.

For example Coyote- Jason Mraz, the childrens' choir near the end of the song, now individual little voices are heard and how they sing lagging the music. How you can sense they are having a good time and really rocking out singing that part, as I can notice minute shifting movements in the little voices as if the children are nodding their heads to the music. Also the girl who tries to eat the mic in the last 30 secs of the song. You can really sense the enthusiasm in her taking over and how she is singing louder and moving towards the mic. My girls do the same at Kara-Oke
bigsmile_face.gif

Decay to notes have at last shown itself and this is very important to me as without decay, the music is lifeless. With decay, the music now brings so much more character to the individual instruments and thus adding more realism to the performance. With this, pitch and rhythm, and drive to the music is heightened that you can't stop yourself tapping you feet to the music.

The soundstage always impressive from new was the width, the depth less so. With burn in the depth has indeed deepened and along with it are the multitude of layers extending to the very back of the venue. Imaging with in the soundstage is rock solid, no shifting whatsoever, unless it was engineered in. The brain is very good at remembering positions!!!

A criticism that I would level on the DX100 is, I am still not finding the sound signature rich and full enough for my personal taste. However, with the changes I have noticed above, I am still in hope that it will happen on the DX100, as it is such an excellent DAP for retrieving detail and information, and I am sure richness to music is in the recording!

Very happy with it thus far
ksc75smile.gif

A very welcomed advice, especially for a battery sucker like the dx100. And I never let it pass the 30%, is this the right thing to do? what program you use to check your battery percentage? I have "battery widget pro"but feels its resource heavy.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #2,966 of 13,503

Quote:
A very welcomed advice, especially for a battery sucker like the dx100. And I never let it pass the 30%, is this the right thing to do? what program you use to check your battery percentage? I have "battery widget pro"but feels its resource heavy.

It's generally better to not drain it down to to 0 on a regular basis. But once in a while it is good to cycle the battery to complete drain though. I don't see any harm in taking it down to 25% or even to 20%.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #2,967 of 13,503

Quote:
It's generally better to not drain it down to to 0 on a regular basis. But once in a while it is good to cycle the battery to complete drain though. I don't see any harm in taking it down to 25% or even to 20%.

True! but initially and once a month to recalibrate. I have been using this method for years on my mobile phone and have been very happy following this routine.

Quote:

I use "circle battery widget" which is good on the battery and one press on the widget takes you straight to battery info!

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #2,968 of 13,503

Quote:

I would like to add, and this is info from my friend who owns a battery manufacturing company in China. 

He said that batteries should have a life cycle of 3-5 years. You should be able to drain it a maximum of 1000 times. Why manufacturers constantly say don't let it drop below 15-20% or provide warnings on the phones at this level is, the battery treats this as a complete drain!

So, why drain it once a month? It is for the reason of recalibrating the battery, so it charges up to 100% easier. I am sure you have encountered batteries that charge up to 99% and stay at that level. This is actually harmful and the memory in the battery is still trying to charge itself to 100%.

Hope this helps a little bit more.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #2,970 of 13,503
Quote:

I would like to add, and this is info from my friend who owns a battery manufacturing company in China. 

He said that batteries should have a life cycle of 3-5 years. You should be able to drain it a maximum of 1000 times. Why manufacturers constantly say don't let it drop below 15-20% or provide warnings on the phones at this level is, the battery treats this as a complete drain!

So, why drain it once a month? It is for the reason of recalibrating the battery, so it charges up to 100% easier. I am sure you have encountered batteries that charge up to 99% and stay at that level. This is actually harmful and the memory in the battery is still trying to charge itself to 100%.

Hope this helps a little bit more.

Your right, and that's why my Sony Z 1070 never charges above 97%. So I have to drain to 0. I will start implementing this to all my devices, but my e7 uses li-polymer which the manual saez its better to drain it completely, before charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back