iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #46 of 13,503
[size=medium]I totally agree with you +1 lol.  [size=medium]This is just plain torture, f[size=medium]eels like endless teasing.[/size][/size][/size]
Quote:
I hate you all.
The decent thing to do would have been to rubbish it for a week and then once iBasso was once again open for business said "just joking' and sang the proper praises.
...just saying.

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #47 of 13,503

thank you, guess I'm buying a mini to mini.

Quote:
That's not how the DX100 works - the USB is for loading it with files from your computer only.  It has no digital inputs whatsoever.  To connect it to the O2 (which has a stereo mini in) you use a mini-mini cable from the iBasso DX100's stereo mini line out.  

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #48 of 13,503
I totally agree with you +1 lol. This is just plain torture, feels like endless teasing.

Hush you.

You are experiencing torment. Torture is reserved for the rest of us plebians who don't live in GMT +8 hours and actually go to bed at a reasonable hour. How the heck were you up at the appointed hour with a little one in the house to keep you honest?

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #49 of 13,503

Quote:
your evil.

no, not evil, just mischievious, I've got to find a way to pass all this pain to others 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #50 of 13,503
[size=medium]I couldn’t sleep I kept thinking about it whole time; it drove me crazy, I would wake up every 2 hours and check forums to see if it was released. The moment estreeter said that he’s going to get it before all of us cause will be sound asleep, my insomnia shifted into overdrive. [size=medium]I like slept for 6 hours in 2 days and I started to get really depressed. I was asleep when it came out but emails I received from ibasso woke me up cause my iPhone was right next to me ( I didn't even bother switching to my laptop, I just went to their site right away). [/size]Next day a few redbulls, lying down, shutting my eyes from time to time helped me manage through day.  It wasn’t fun but I don't regret it at all lol. l[size=medium]ol guess it's true what they say, I really am addicted. [/size][/size]

Quote:
Hush you.
You are experiencing torment. Torture is reserved for the rest of us plebians who don't live in GMT +8 hours and actually go to bed at a reasonable hour. How the heck were you up at the appointed hour with a little one in the house to keep you honest?

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #51 of 13,503
[size=medium]I couldn’t sleep I kept thinking about it whole time; it drove me crazy, I would wake up every 2 hours and check forums to see if it was released. The moment estreeter said that he’s going to get it before all of us cause will be sound sleep, my insomnia shifted into overdrive. [size=medium]I like 6 hours in 2 days and I started to get really depressed. I was asleep when it came out but emails I received from ibasso woke me up cause my iPhone was right next to me ( I didn't even bother switching to my laptop, I just went to their site right away). [/size]Next day a few redbulls, lying down, shutting my eyes from time to time helped me managed through day.  It wasn’t fun but I don't regret it at all lol. l[size=medium]ol guess it's true what they say, I really am addicted. [/size][/size]

Love that story!

I'm sure it brings a smile to the faces of both estreeter and Dietrich Mateschitz.

Don't worry, we are all as sorry as you. I barely get enough sleep as it is - I always say my day starts around 7:00 pm (kids bedtime) and my 4 year old is a 'morning person'. So I have to squeeze as much music into those short hours as possible. Staying up for a 'possible' shot at an early access to a DAP (which I wouldn't get to use much in the immediate future anyway) was never in the cards.

As long as I get it before our move to Delhi this summer, I'm good. I plan on sedating the kids for the flight so I can test the DX100's battery runtime. :wink:

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #52 of 13,503
One more thing, if anyone wants internals photos, they're going to have to outfox iBasso.  I removed the 4 M5 screws from the top & end casing of the DX100, but nothing happened.  It's still very securely together with no other screws that I can see.  Perhaps iBasso can answer this question.  I'd like to know that I can replace the battery myself if it ever wore out.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #54 of 13,503
Also, how painless is file transfer? Can you do it over wifi or does it need to be connected through USB?

I saw what looked like an ES File Explorer icon in one shot (but it was a tad out of focus so I may be mistaken). Does that mean you can add files to the DX100 wirelessly from a network share using the DAP itself?

For that matter, can you stream over wireless to save internal memory space?

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #55 of 13,503
You can't enlarge the album art, that I can tell.  I put on an MP3 file with embedded cover art and it displayed the cover art.  Perhaps with flac it has to have the cover art embedded into it as well.  

I'm not sure what apps I would need to put files on it via wifi.  It's drag and drop to load files via USB, very easy.  Also not sure what apps you'd need to stream music over the network.  Pandora works fine, although the volume control is problematic, it's much quieter in Pandora (the volume) vs. the music player.  I'm not experienced at all with Android, but there's certainly a lot of potential there.  Stuff like Angry Birds and World of Goo work fine.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #56 of 13,503
Oh, and thanks much for the impressions, pictures, and videos!

Despite the fact that I hate you all, I greatly appreciate the effort.

EDIT: Please, please, please keep Angry Birds out of this thread and off my DAP. :wink:

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #58 of 13,503
Thanks for the covert art info. Its my only very minor complaint then. I have many classical and opera recordings and I like to be able to read conductor/performer info from the covers.
Looks almost perfect to me otherwise.

I wonder if using another android music player would be alright if I'm just playing flac files from standard cds.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #60 of 13,503

Quote:
Need advice from Jamato - with the line out, the volume can still be controlled via the system.  What volume is best...at 255 (max) it distorts for the record.

This is actually very good. It means that the line out can be lowered to provide better fine volume control with different amp+IEM combinations.

Quote:
You can't enlarge the album art, that I can tell.  I put on an MP3 file with embedded cover art and it displayed the cover art.  Perhaps with flac it has to have the cover art embedded into it as well.  

Can you please test putting an album art jpeg renamed "Folder.jpg" inside one of you FLAC folders? I would like to see if the Foobar/Rockbox album art system is supported. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back