iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jun 2, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #13,366 of 13,503
  Hi there,

I'm looking at a used DX100 atm and was wondering: what's the max concerning micro sd cards that it will accept?
On the iBasso site it says 32gb and the seller told me that it doesn't accept 128gb => does it at least take 64gb cards?

Thanks in advance!

I'm using a 128GB card with my DX100. You just need to format the card as FAT32.

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #13,367 of 13,503
  I'm using a 128GB card with my DX100. You just need to format the card as FAT32.

Thank you so much...this answer makes me so happy
biggrin.gif

One more queston that just came to mind...will it be recognized under OS Windows 7?
beerchug.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #13,368 of 13,503

Thank you so much...this answer makes me so happy
biggrin.gif

One more queston that just came to mind...will it be recognized under OS Windows 7?
beerchug.gif

Should be fine. I usually use a USB adapter to transfer songs though.

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #13,370 of 13,503
  Yes , even with Windows 10 ! 200go micro SD work like charm too !

HOO-AH-scent-of-a-woman-35075015-500-280.gif

My day starts to get better and better
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #13,371 of 13,503
I still get it its nothing to worry about

I believe having this every day might very well damage the IEMs. I learned to always plug the IEMs into DX100 when the screen is turned on. When I stop the music I also unplug the IEMs. So far it works, popping avoided. But it keeps me stressed, especially after I damaged a pair of IE80 already. Easily my main concern with DX100.

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #13,372 of 13,503
I believe having this every day might very well damage the IEMs. I learned to always plug the IEMs into DX100 when the screen is turned on. When I stop the music I also unplug the IEMs. So far it works, popping avoided. But it keeps me stressed, especially after I damaged a pair of IE80 already. Easily my main concern with DX100.

Nope. Simply not a problem. There are other problems in life let's worry about them instead!

Jun 2, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #13,373 of 13,503
OK then...I've just closed the deal on a used DX100 and I'll probably already have it over here in 2 days.
I've got low expectations on UI & battery life, but I'm very curious about its sq (which is the main reason that I bought it)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #13,374 of 13,503
Well, what can I say....this dap sounds freaking awesome imo
smily_headphones1.gif

After just a few hours of listening time I've decided to put my DX90 for sale (on a Dutch bidding site)...the DX100 just sounds so much better to my ears 
rolleyes.gif

Batterylife and UI aren't that bad (which I expected) at all and a 128gb micro sd card (formatted to FAT32) works great indeed => I'm extremely happy with this dap!!!

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #13,375 of 13,503
  Well, what can I say....this dap sounds freaking awesome imo
smily_headphones1.gif

After just a few hours of listening time I've decided to put my DX90 for sale (on a Dutch bidding site)...the DX100 just sounds so much better to my ears 
rolleyes.gif

Batterylife and UI aren't that bad (which I expected) at all and a 128gb micro sd card (formatted to FAT32) works great indeed => I'm extremely happy with this dap!!!

Congrats, I agree the DX100 is a winner.  Still my favorite sounding DAP.

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #13,376 of 13,503
  Congrats, I agree the DX100 is a winner.

+1

It sounds great and is still among the most versatile players out there. Has EVERY type of line out (including optical AND coax) and enough power for 90% of headphones.

Thought about parting with my HDP-R10 but just can't do it. Doubt I'd ever find a better transport or a better all-round player. Think I may need a new battery though.

Jun 6, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #13,377 of 13,503

Now something about synergy: sometimes (when you're lucky) you can have a 1 + 1 = 3 listening experience.
For instance...I really enjoy my Solar from the Hugo and my 1plus2 scales up impressively from my X5+5P stack...

I tried the DX100 with my Tralucent 1plus2 (sounded very nice), Rhapsodio RDB Mk4 (my Solars are out for a reshell) and of course the gems in the pic (some posts) above, the Perfect Seal AR6, on which @shotgunshane wrote a great review (couldn't agree more) imo. Because the DX100 has a very clean sound (black background), superb instrument separation / imaging and delivers a huge soundstage, I already expected it to sound good with the AR6...but here 1 + 1 almost became 4...it sounded so freaking awesome, that I almost couldn't believe what I heard. Everything (and then I really mean everything) sounds so right and real (also out of my head), that I almost can't stop listening to it 
ksc75smile.gif

Now, if you'll excuse me...I have to pick up my jaw, which has been laying on the ground over the past few days 
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #13,378 of 13,503
Some other things:

At first: almost no album art showed up initially. I had them all named as folder(.jpg) (which worked fine on all my other daps), but after renaming all these into cover(.jpg) they all showed up.

Besides that I noticed (under settings) that most of the energy juice went into using the screen, actual playing music took a very low %.
Listening without using the screen too much extends batterylife significantly

This probably has been posted (multiple times) in this thread, but I haven't had the time to start reading the > 13K posts yet.
A week ago the DX100 wasn't even on my wishlist. It just popped up at a bidding site at a price I couldn't ignore, so it somehow took me by surprise
biggrin.gif

Btw, checked the FW and it's on V1.4.2 => should be the latest.
Is there any difference (I know there is with DX50 & DX90) in sq/signature between the multiple FW's?

Jun 7, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #13,379 of 13,503
  Some other things:

At first: almost no album art showed up initially. I had them all named as folder(.jpg) (which worked fine on all my other daps), but after renaming all these into cover(.jpg) they all showed up.

Besides that I noticed (under settings) that most of the energy juice went into using the screen, actual playing music took a very low %.
Listening without using the screen too much extends batterylife significantly

This probably has been posted (multiple times) in this thread, but I haven't had the time to start reading the > 13K posts yet.
A week ago the DX100 wasn't even on my wishlist. It just popped up at a bidding site at a price I couldn't ignore, so it somehow took me by surprise
biggrin.gif

Btw, checked the FW and it's on V1.4.2 => should be the latest.
Is there any difference (I know there is with DX50 & DX90) in sq/signature between the multiple FW's?

One piece of advice, don't get too caught up in the details (tagging, slow interface etc) but there are some useful posts at very start of this thread if you want to go there, just enjoy that fab sound.

Personally I preferred 1.2.7 firmware as the bass was much better (less boomy) and the sound generally was a better fit for my iems (k3003) but ymmv, give it a shot you can always revert back to 1.4.2

Jun 7, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #13,380 of 13,503
  One piece of advice, don't get too caught up in the details (tagging, slow interface etc) but there are some useful posts at very start of this thread if you want to go there, just enjoy that fab sound.

Personally I preferred 1.2.7 firmware as the bass was much better (less boomy) and the sound generally was a better fit for my iems (k3003) but ymmv, give it a shot you can always revert back to 1.4.2

Ohw...I have no issues (so far) over here with my (tagged) files...and for what it's worth, I don't consider the interface to be slow at all, I'm even pleasantly surpised with it
rolleyes.gif

Considering the different soundsignature with fw's, I might give them a try later on...
And yes, I'm enjoying the heck out of this dap atm
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for your (quick) reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back