iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 7, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #12,346 of 13,503
Hi Mython, already tried hitting that reset button a couple of times. Didn't work.
Thanks nonetheless.

I suppose, there might be a way of resetting physically.
For DX50, it was pressing power and volume buttons together.

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #12,347 of 13,503
Hi guys, am having a bit of trouble with my set.

It refused to boot up yesterday morning despite being fully charged the night before.
I tried putting it to charge again and also connecting it to my laptop, but to no avail.

Is there any way of hard resetting the unit physically, since I can't get it to start up?

Am also waiting for iBasso's reply via email.
Does anyone know if they have a Head-Fi account?

The reset button is on the left side of the player. You may need a few try to locate the button within the hole. Hope it will startup else you will need to pray ibasso deal with the RMA fast as cny is coming soon

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #12,348 of 13,503
Hi Mython, already tried hitting that reset button a couple of times. Didn't work.
Thanks nonetheless.

Maybe the battery is dead. Try charging it overnight if you haven't done it and hit the reset button randomly to see if it start. Best of luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #12,349 of 13,503
Thanks nonetheless.

I found these instructions in a Notepad file named "DX100 Factory Reset" on my PC.  Don't recall where I got these instructions. Not sure if they're what you're looking for or if it'll even work if the reset button didn't work.  Hopefully it'll help:

1) Press the little reset button to turn it fully off.

2) Hold down the Power button as well as the Volume Up button

3) You'll be greeted by a little green Android and a warning sign, release the buttons

4) Now press the Power button and the Volume Up button again

5) You'll now enter the Recovery menu, blue text on a black background

6) Using the volume keys, navigate to "Wipe data/Factory Reset", press Power to select. This will not wipe your music files.

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #12,350 of 13,503

I found these instructions in a Notepad file named "DX100 Factory Reset" on my PC.  Don't recall where I got these instructions. Not sure if they're what you're looking for or if it'll even work if the reset button didn't work.  Hopefully it'll help:

1) Press the little reset button to turn it fully off.

2) Hold down the Power button as well as the Volume Up button

3) You'll be greeted by a little green Android and a warning sign, release the buttons

4) Now press the Power button and the Volume Up button again

5) You'll now enter the Recovery menu, blue text on a black background

6) Using the volume keys, navigate to "Wipe data/Factory Reset", press Power to select. This will not wipe your music files.

OMG, it worked! Thanks frankrondaniel, I owe u big time!

Theory_87 and Mython, thanks for the suggestions. Appreciate the help.
Nice to know this community is still extremely helpful when one is in trouble.

U guys made my day!

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #12,352 of 13,503

OMG, it worked! Thanks frankrondaniel, I owe u big time!

Theory_87 and Mython, thanks for the suggestions. Appreciate the help.
Nice to know this community is still extremely helpful when one is in trouble.

U guys made my day!

Glad it worked out for you, and sorry my suggestion was incomplete - in my defence, it's been 18 months since I last laid eyes or hands on a DX100!
regular_smile .gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #12,353 of 13,503
Jan 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #12,357 of 13,503

Glad it worked out for you, and sorry my suggestion was incomplete - in my defence, it's been 18 months since I last laid eyes or hands on a DX100!
regular_smile%20.gif

No worries Mython, I'm still in love with my rig. This is the longest rig I've had.

Miracle on Silver Poison with DX100 sounds phenomenal.
I had the 901 for a week, and honestly thought the slightly cold Miracle would sound better with 901.
It still sounded best on DX100.

And the Rooth LSX5 sounds brilliant on DX100 too.

I'm always hesitant to clean out old files just because of this type of situation - you never know when they'll come in handy.

Yeap, I agree.
Just so thankful it worked.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #12,358 of 13,503

No worries Mython, I'm still in love with my rig. This is the longest rig I've had.

Miracle on Silver Poison with DX100 sounds phenomenal.
I had the 901 for a week, and honestly thought the slightly cold Miracle would sound better with 901.
It still sounded best on DX100.

And the Rooth LSX5 sounds brilliant on DX100 too.

Yes, in spite of it's downsides, it is an excellent player; I wholeheartedly agree.

I think it deserves more credit than it gets, considering that it has 'held it's own' for nearly 2 years, against many other DAPs - even many that are being seperately amped do not substantially surpass the DX100's single-box SQ.  That's really very impressive.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #12,359 of 13,503

Yes, in spite of it's downsides, it is an excellent player; I wholeheartedly agree.

I think it deserves more credit than it gets, considering that it has 'held it's own' for nearly 2 years, against many other DAPs - even many that are being seperately amped do not substantially surpass the DX100's single-box SQ.  That's really very impressive.

Which is precisely the reason y I've stuck with it for so long.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #12,360 of 13,503

Users who are viewing this thread

Back