iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #91 of 13,503

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. I thought there is an analog output on the DX100 that uses the internal dac and bypasses the dac section so I could use the DX100 alone on the go and bundle it with a good mobile dac if I'm around with my notebook. I don't like the idea of having to also get the DB2 in that case for a questionable improvement in sound quality compared to the whole extra price then (DB2+PB2+balanced cables) since the DX100 comes with a pretty good dac as well. At home I'll stick to my speakers + headphones anyways.

Would be nice if anyone could clarify the following (some have been posted above but nobody answered them yet, so I'll list them here that they are kinda bundled together):
- cue sheet support for flac files
- gapless playback
- display resolution
- bluetooth speed

" cue sheet support for flac files" - not necessary for flac files,
well if there is cue sheet support for flac files, I think cue can also be used in splitting and tagging for wav and alac.

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #93 of 13,503
Quote:
" cue sheet support for flac files" - not necessary for flac files,
well if there is cue sheet support for flac files, I think cue can also be used in splitting and tagging for wav and alac.

Cue sheet support is necessary if you rip to FLAC images instead of individual songs. It allows you to cue up individual tracks. Rockbox has it but it isn't great. (Fooobar handles this very well but that's a PC program.)

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #94 of 13,503
Thanks for the clarification. I thought there is an analog output on the DX100 that uses the internal dac and bypasses the dac section so I could use the DX100 alone on the go and bundle it with a good mobile dac if I'm around with my notebook. I don't like the idea of having to also get the DB2 in that case for a questionable improvement in sound quality compared to the whole extra price then (DB2+PB2+balanced cables) since the DX100 comes with a pretty good dac as well. At home I'll stick to my speakers + headphones anyways.

Would be nice if anyone could clarify the following (some have been posted above but nobody answered them yet, so I'll list them here that they are kinda bundled together):
- cue sheet support for flac files
- gapless playback
- display resolution
- bluetooth speed

The problem with just using the PB2 is because the line out of the DX100 is only single ended. So if you do single ended out of DX100 and single ended into PB2 and then using balance out, you still can do it but it is really not the best way. It is not real balance in the straightest sense.

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #95 of 13,503
popcorn.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #98 of 13,503

Quote:
Its been said that the DX100 can't be used as a dac because there is no digital input.  As for video playback, I'm not sure about this.  Anyone care to chime in?

On the contrary, I think it can be done via the mini usb port. Being android based, we can get iBasso to release the kernel sources as per GPL and hacks can be developed for USB DAC functionality.

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #99 of 13,503
Anyone experienced RF interference on this? Heard it a couple of times.

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #100 of 13,503
I'm watching tonight's House of Lies episode on Moboplayer.  So yeah it can play video.

Just cuz android is open source, doesn't mean iBasso's going to hand out their code.  

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #101 of 13,503
I'd like a comparison between the Samsung Galaxy S with Voodoo Sound vs iBasso DX100. I love the something analog and warm sound of the Samsung. Not to mention that this "DAP" works beautifully with IEMs.

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #103 of 13,503
Hi all,

If anyone who has got / is getting a DX100 and has 600 ohm Beyers, could i request an opinion re if it drives them please ?

Cheers,

John (Raksy)

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #104 of 13,503
Oh dear. It's time to gather everything I can sell to finance this dap. An old dusty ipod...a few PS3 games...maybe the Wii now that I've played Zelda..the car...

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #105 of 13,503
Yay, the 'proper' DX100 thread, enjoyed reading all 7 pages so far, look forward to more rolling in. This has almost got me 100% convinced, I just need
a) comparison with HP-P1/CLAS rig
b) external chargers (however specific) working

Looks like iBasso has delivered the goods though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back