iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 27, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #331 of 13,498

Mischa23v

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Posts
275
Likes
18


lol [size=medium]I never claimed I wasn’t greedy, I’m just trying to advise him against it. [/size]
 
Quote:
Mischa the fact that we have our DX100s and you deprived yourself of sleep was also in the name of greed :wink:.
 


 



 
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #332 of 13,498

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
451


Quote:
lol [size=medium]I never claimed I wasn’t greedy, I’m just trying to advise him against it. [/size]
 


 



I know Mischa but doesn't that also come across as being hypocritical. You know I'm just playing around though lol :)
 
We should all abstain from the temptations of greed but we all do fail miserably at times...
very_evil_smiley.gif

 
So far how are you enjoying your DX100. It appears it is getting more refined with break in. Although some of these bugs want me to whip if off the Pali-Look out I'm enjoying the overall sound.
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #333 of 13,498

HiFlight

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Posts
5,853
Likes
1,366
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Just an update on the "Playlist" sub-menu: While it is very easy to add or remove tunes to a created playlist, the Playlist will not play properly. After selecting at which point you want to begin playing (within the playlist) the selected file will play, but subsequent files will be from the same album as the first selection, not from the files in the playlist. Until this is corrected, it renders the Playlist option unusable. This happens regardless of the Play Mode selected and is repeatable every time I create a different playlist.

On a different note, the only time that I have found that files are played in sequential order is when you first press the play symbol on the homepage player. Files are played in proper listed order and one can select shuffle to randomly play single selections from random albums. The forward icon also will correctly move from now playing to next selection.

No luck yet in discovering a gapless setting option.
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #334 of 13,498

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
451

It seems to work for me when you do a long click of the playlist and a list of options come up to either play song, add to playlist, delete song, etc. Then it should allow you to play all the contents in the playlist. But sometimes it does glitch so its not 100%. Think we need an even bigger discount; what do you say HiFlight? :wink:.
 
Note: My playlists have been synced to the device from Media monkey. All 45 GBs of music are in this format.
 
Edit: I think I'm noticing a correlation between the random skipping of selected playlists to other music albums when the screen is shut off. I don't seem to have an issue with this at all though when the screen is on. I also noticed more issues when the screen is set to automatically shut off at a certain time. So I shut that feature off and just shut the screen off manually which seems to give less issues this way...
 
ibasso you sure got a lot of work to do. Looking forward to you fixing these issues though...
Quote:
Just an update on the "Playlist" sub-menu: While it is very easy to add or remove tunes to a created playlist, the Playlist will not play properly. After selecting at which point you want to begin playing (within the playlist) the selected file will play, but subsequent files will be from the same album as the first selection, not from the files in the playlist. Until this is corrected, it renders the Playlist option unusable. This happens regardless of the Play Mode selected and is repeatable every time I create a different playlist.
On a different note, the only time that I have found that files are played in sequential order is when you first press the play symbol on the homepage player. Files are played in proper listed order and one can select shuffle to randomly play single selections from random albums. The forward icon also will correctly move from now playing to next selection.
No luck yet in discovering a gapless setting option.



 
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #335 of 13,498

HiFlight

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Posts
5,853
Likes
1,366
Location
Fort Myers, FL
I downloaded and installed the free 15 day trial of Poweramp from the Marketplace app and it seems to work perfectly! There is gapless playback which is fully configurable, EQ, and no pops between selections! It imported all of my music and the playlists I had created on the iBasso player and they all play properly and in proper sequence. I can't say as I hear a great difference tonally, but considering they both use the same DAC and amp circuitry, I would not expect significant differences.

The cost is only $4.99, so Poweramp might be a viable option for the DX100, at least until iBasso updates the firmware.
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #336 of 13,498

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
451


Quote:
I downloaded and installed the free 15 day trial of Poweramp from the Marketplace app and it seems to work perfectly! There is gapless playback which is fully configurable, EQ, and no pops between selections! It imported all of my music and the playlists I had created on the iBasso player and they all play properly and in proper sequence. I can't say as I hear a great difference tonally, but considering they both use the same DAC and amp circuitry, I would not expect significant differences.
The cost is only $4.99, so Poweramp might be a viable option for the DX100, at least until iBasso updates the firmware.


So exactly where can I get this application? I think I'll go that route for now at least to have a less irritating "break me now" experience :).
 
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #337 of 13,498

Ricardo Dawkins

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Posts
1,061
Likes
11


Quote:
So exactly where can I get this application? I think I'll go that route for now at least to have a less irritating "break me now" experience :).
 



http://market.android.com 
Search for PowerAmp or directly from website http://powerampapp.com/
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #338 of 13,498

irvin59

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Posts
474
Likes
21


Quote:
I downloaded and installed the free 15 day trial of Poweramp from the Marketplace app and it seems to work perfectly! There is gapless playback which is fully configurable, EQ, and no pops between selections! It imported all of my music and the playlists I had created on the iBasso player and they all play properly and in proper sequence. I can't say as I hear a great difference tonally, but considering they both use the same DAC and amp circuitry, I would not expect significant differences.
The cost is only $4.99, so Poweramp might be a viable option for the DX100, at least until iBasso updates the firmware.



Does it do HiRes files?
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #339 of 13,498

turokrocks

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 23, 2011
Posts
3,581
Likes
137


Quote:
So exactly where can I get this application? I think I'll go that route for now at least to have a less irritating "break me now" experience :).
 



your wish is my command, I prefer Neutron, it sounds better....
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&feature=search_result
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.neutroncode.mpeval&feature=search_result
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #340 of 13,498

DWbirdseye

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 2, 2012
Posts
771
Likes
173


Quote:
I downloaded and installed the free 15 day trial of Poweramp from the Marketplace app and it seems to work perfectly! There is gapless playback which is fully configurable, EQ, and no pops between selections! It imported all of my music and the playlists I had created on the iBasso player and they all play properly and in proper sequence. I can't say as I hear a great difference tonally, but considering they both use the same DAC and amp circuitry, I would not expect significant differences.
The cost is only $4.99, so Poweramp might be a viable option for the DX100, at least until iBasso updates the firmware.



By using Poweramp aren't you bypassing the Ibasso music software in favor of poweramp's? If so, wouldn't poweramp's software imprint it's sound signature? I can't imagine it's as good as Ibasso's? I downloaded neutron music player ($4.99) for my samsung galaxy 4G and the sound is good with relatively sophisticated settings but the UI is kindergarden -ish.
 
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #341 of 13,498

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
451

 
Quote:
your wish is my command, I prefer Neutron, it sounds better....
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&feature=search_result
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.neutroncode.mpeval&feature=search_result



Is there any way to test the app on a trial like the power amp offers? I'm liking what I am hearing so far and the fact that is ain't buggy like the stock player puts a big smile on my face.
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #342 of 13,498

HiFlight

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Posts
5,853
Likes
1,366
Location
Fort Myers, FL
So exactly where can I get this application? I think I'll go that route for now at least to have a less irritating "break me now" experience :).


Go to the page on the DX100 where all the apps are listed (the page just to the left of the homescreen) and click on "Market" You will need to have
Wi-Fi enabled as well as "Background Data" which is located in the Accounts & Sync sub-menu of the Settings app. When Market is opened, just type "Poweramp" in the
top search window and it will then show up in the results. Then click "download" and it will download and install on your DX100. After installation, it will be found on the first page of the 5 screen pages.

I would also recommend installing a free app called "No Lock". When enabled, your DX100 will come to life for a moment showing the lock screen, but it will quickly
unlock to the homepage player with no input from you. I use it on all of my Android devices.

You can get this also from the Marketplace. Again, just type "no lock" in the upper window and click on the search icon to the right of the window.

When you are all done, for longer battery life, turn off Wi-Fi and all of the options in the Accounts & Sync menu settings.
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #343 of 13,498

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
451

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out after typing lol. Still good to have this posted to help the newbies :). So how are you liking this app. It doesn't seem to affect the sound in a negative way IMO. Maybe a bit different but I'll have to compare to really tell. Also curious about that neutron app but I don't wanna pay without testing it out first :frowning2:.

I'll be sure to download that no lock app.
Quote:
Go to the page on the DX100 where all the apps are listed (the page just to the left of the homescreen) and click on "Market" You will need to have
Wi-Fi enabled as well as "Background Data" which is located in the Accounts & Sync sub-menu of the Settings app. When Market is opened, just type "Poweramp" in the
top search window and it will then show up in the results. Then click "download" and it will download and install on your DX100. After installation, it will be found on the first page of the 5 screen pages.
I would also recommend installing a free app called "No Lock". When enabled, your DX100 will come to life for a moment showing the lock screen, but it will quickly
unlock to the homepage player with no input from you. I use it on all of my Android devices.
You can get this also from the Marketplace. Again, just type "no lock" in the upper window and click on the search icon to the right of the window.
When you are all done, for longer battery life, turn off Wi-Fi and all of the options in the Accounts & Sync menu settings.



 
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #344 of 13,498

turokrocks

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 23, 2011
Posts
3,581
Likes
137


Quote:
 


Is there any way to test the app on a trial like the power amp offers? I'm liking what I am hearing so far and the fact that is ain't buggy like the stock player puts a big smile on my face.


I wish I could lend you my account.....!, I got all the android music player apps...the best ones...only if you root your devise and..... forget about it it is a mess, the simple answer is ....ok you got it good..
 
 
Jan 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #345 of 13,498

lee730

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Posts
16,803
Likes
451


Quote:
I wish I could lend you my account.....!, I got all the android music player apps...the best ones...only if you root your devise and..... forget about it it is a mess, the simple answer is ....ok you got it good..
 



No problem man I may just buy it based on your opinion. But what is the difference between the free app and the paid version?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top