iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #2,898 of 13,503

Quote:

P.S. I find that my song orders are still messed up! A little annoying!

What do you mean that the song orders are messed up? Not in sequence?

Also, I found that 12 hours did not even approach what the sound of the DX100 would mature to, though it did give hints. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #2,899 of 13,503

Quote:

What do you mean that the song orders are messed up? Not in sequence?

Also, I found that 12 hours did not even approach what the sound of the DX100 would mature to, though it did give hints. 

Correct, not in sequence. These are tracks synchronised via MissingSync. I've prefixed numbering in front of each track but that doesn't seem to help.

Yes possibly additional burn-in is required as I mentioned too in my last statement. Usually with the misc components I've owned, I find the greatest impact in burn-in is the first overnight continual burn. Thereafter (as with the law of diminishing returns) the changes tapers off. The only exception I saw to this previously was with the Fostex HP-P1 where it took approx 100 hrs for it to open up; and in that case to be more revealing and increase extensions.

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #2,900 of 13,503

Quote:
Correct, not in sequence. These are tracks synchronised via MissingSync. I've prefixed numbering in front of each track but that doesn't seem to help.

Yes possibly additional burn-in is required as I mentioned too in my last statement. Usually with the misc components I've owned, I find the greatest impact in burn-in is the first overnight continual burn. Thereafter (as with the law of diminishing returns) the changes tapers off. The only exception I saw to this previously was with the Fostex HP-P1 where it took approx 100 hrs for it to open up; and in that case to be more revealing and increase extensions.

Are your ID3 tags in place? Most players sort from the track number listed in the tags 
smile.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #2,901 of 13,503
Joy
bigsmile_face.gif
 Pre-ordered on 11 Feb, confirmed on 13 Feb, invoiced and paid 19 Mar, shipping notice 26 Mar, received the package this morning! I'd say Ibasso is living up to their great reputation and service level. Right now I loading up the music HDs, SACD rips and aif from my itunes library and start burning in the DX100. Will be using JH3A (active version w/SPDIF) and UE 11pro for the initial review and impression.

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #2,902 of 13,503
Are your ID3 tags in place? Most players sort from the track number listed in the tags 
smile.gif

Let me check that when I get home. My files in iTunes are AAC (some are purchased), and some of my FLACs are from HDTracks.

BTW, you'd be keen to know the Merlin's sound awesome from the DX100!! I'm listening to the Buena Vista Social Club (24/96) & it's almost 3-dimensional :).

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #2,903 of 13,503
Flac files and cover art

I don't get this to work. The flac files have embedded cover art (done with mp3tag, which is probably the best application for tagging). I also added a file folder.jpg into the appropriate album folder on the DX100. Tried it also with cover.jpg instead of folder.jpg. But no success here.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #2,904 of 13,503
Don't worry and relax and wait and your time will come.I order on 12 Feb and i paid the rest today.There were 130 guys in front of me, so i guess that they will send your reminder at the end of this week.

Quote:
Forgive me for not searching the thread before hand, but I'm curious:

Just how concerned should I be that iBasso has yet to contact me asking for the remainder of my money for the pre-order I placed Fed. 14th? I am in the pre-order for second batch of units and have paid the deposit. Got a confirmation ages ago. Haven't heard from iBasso since.

I see many seem to have not only paid the remainder for theirs, but also have had theirs shipped. Anyone else in the second pre-order batch NOT pay the remainder for theirs yet?

I e-mailed iBasso, so we'll see I suppose.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #2,905 of 13,503
Sorry if this been answered before, but i coulden't find it.My DX100 will come soon so i want to know if the burn in procedure is the same for the DAP and headphones?
Does it burn in better if stay over night playing mysic or when you use it and listen to it?How exactly you have to do it?
Your help will be apreciated.Thanks

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #2,906 of 13,503

Quote:
Sorry if this been answered before, but i coulden't find it.My DX100 will come soon so i want to know if the burn in procedure is the same for the DAP and headphones?
Does it burn in better if stay over night playing mysic or when you use it and listen to it?How exactly you have to do it?
Your help will be apreciated.Thanks

I made a file for it, grab it here. Plug in your headphones, turn it up to a bearable level just a bit over your normal listening level. Then set it to play on repeat and go along your daily business. The file is 4 minutes of pink noise, 30 seconds of silence, 4 minutes of brown noise, then another 30 seconds of silence. This way you get through the entire spectrum without overstressing your headphones or your source/amp. 

I created the file myself and have released it under a creative commons license. Feel free to grab it, reshare it, modify it, do what you like. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #2,907 of 13,503
I'm completely ignorant in this area, and I have a question. Does pink/brown noise cover bass as well...?

Quote:
I made a file for it, grab it here. Plug in your headphones, turn it up to a bearable level just a bit over your normal listening level. Then set it to play on repeat and go along your daily business. The file is 4 minutes of pink noise, 30 seconds of silence, 4 minutes of brown noise, then another 30 seconds of silence. This way you get through the entire spectrum without overstressing your headphones or your source/amp. 

I created the file myself and have released it under a creative commons license. Feel free to grab it, reshare it, modify it, do what you like. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #2,909 of 13,503
Sorry mate, i can't download it.It tells me to buy it.I went to Denmark Roskilde  for Christmas, beautifull country.If you pm and send it will be awesome.Thanks

Quote:

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #2,910 of 13,503
I got it! It is portable but its the size of 4 Cowon D2+. Has more power then the Cowon which is expected and sounds decent as of now. Many are buying a purse or something to hold it in but I think that will make it hot. When I slide it into my pocket it gets hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back