iBasso deliveries
Nov 15, 2008 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

swayne

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Just a warning to others wanting to order from iBasso.

I placed ( and paid for ) a D3 on the 9th of November. After a few emails between ibasso and myself, two of which told me "it was shipped yesterday", I got a DHL tracking number from them.

November 15, 2008 14:14 Shipment picked up
November 15, 2008 19:01 Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hong Kong
November 15, 2008 20:33 Arrived at DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

Apparently it took them six days to get the package picked up. And they lied to me. Twice.

On the plus side, they have answered my emails, and I have got a DHL tracking number.

Steven.

Nov 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 22
Sad situation for you I suppose. I just ordered a T4 from them on Thursday. They shipped it out on Friday. And now the T4 is at the Sydney DHL Centre today (Saturday) waiting to be transported.

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by swayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Just a warning to others wanting to order from iBasso.

I placed ( and paid for ) a D3 on the 9th of November. After a few emails between ibasso and myself, two of which told me "it was shipped yesterday", I got a DHL tracking number from them.

November 15, 2008 14:14 Shipment picked up
November 15, 2008 19:01 Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hong Kong
November 15, 2008 20:33 Arrived at DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

Apparently it took them six days to get the package picked up. And they lied to me. Twice.

On the plus side, they have answered my emails, and I have got a DHL tracking number.

Steven.

Read my thread on my D3. Then to top it off I FINALLY heard from them saying we have sent several emails to you on this, where????? So I want a T4 also and order on the 8th. On the 9th they send a tracking number and 3 days later it is still not recognized by DHL. After 20 more emails about this with no reply I tell them to cancel my order and refund my money and a hour later I get a response saying DHL was not available in my area and they had to change to another shipper. Really, there is a DHL hub less than a mile from my house and get deliveries all the time from DHL. The new number they gave me say it's been in Shanghai for the last 3 days and will eventually be in USPS system, who knows how long it wall take now. Will be the end of my dealings with iBasso, might just return both and give Ray Samuels a call.

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 22
I'm sorry for those who have delays,problems etc. Maybe it just shows that every organisation can have both good and bad experiences. I ordered the T4 6 days ago - got an email with a dhl tracking no 2 days later - and received the amp 4 days after that ( UK). So for me the whole experience was excellent!!

Good luck to others. Regards,

Nov 15, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #6 of 22
DHL in US is no more. They still do international shipping, but they're greatly reducing the number of locations in the US. It happened very recently so they are probably still in the process of reorganizing. This may be the cause of the problems you guys are having.

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mortonjl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will be the end of my dealings with iBasso, might just return both and give Ray Samuels a call.

That would be a mistake you'll live to regret.

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mortonjl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
please explain

Some folks are RSA fan's, i am one of them, his amps are superb sounding and just exude quality and Ray is very helpful in all communications. Other folks are either non biased or non-fan's. I'm sure Zeph has his reasons for being an RSA non-fan and making such a statement.

If you go down the RSA route i doubt that you will be disappointed- very good product.

Just out of interest, from what i have read, the RSA fans outnumber the non-fans significantly.

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #10 of 22
I ordered a T4 on Monday 10th, it was delivered by DHL on Thursday 13th, I'm in the UK!!! I had a similar experience with a previous order for a T2 and P2, although it was held up for a couple of days in UK customs it still took under a week from order to delivery.

I think iBasso try to provide a good service, and judging by most comments on this forum they generally do, but sometimes however hard you try things don't go quite right, but when they don't there is no excuse for trying to cover up, honesty is always the best policy.

By comparison I was very lucky to receive a Xin Supermicro IV 'only' 5 months after I ordered it.

Nov 16, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some folks are RSA fan's, i am one of them, his amps are superb sounding and just exude quality and Ray is very helpful in all communications. Other folks are either non biased or non-fan's. I'm sure Zeph has his reasons for being an RSA non-fan and making such a statement.

If you go down the RSA route i doubt that you will be disappointed- very good product.

Just out of interest, from what i have read, the RSA fans outnumber the non-fans significantly.

Gotta agree there. I personally still have yet to hear any RSA amps which are worth its value IMHO. Another advantage RSA has over the portable amp market is he doesn't have much competition. The only 3 major competitors for RSA is iBasso, Meier Audio and Headamp. Some people are biased against iBasso because they are made in China. While others hesitate at buying something from Justin because of the wait period. Some people are biased against Meier Audio because he's located in Germany and because of how the amp looks! That only leaves one option left. That is why RSA amps sell so well. I'm personally glad Dr. Xin is starting to ship out all his amps and getting his stuff back together. RSA needs more competition and Dr. Xin's amps will be a great addition for this "healthy" competition.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to bash RSA. I'd personally buy the Tomahawk for $150 ~ $200 but nothing more. Because that's how much I see it's valued for. Well technically not see, but "hear".
biggrin.gif
That said, I'll just stalk the "For Sale" thread until a $250 P-51 appears.

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #12 of 22
It's all good zeph. Listen mate, i am really interested on hearing your views on your new T4 when you receive it. I am also interested in having a listen to your minibox-f. If you would like to have a listen to my supermicro for a couple of weeks perhaps we could do a swap, just for a listening sample. Drop me a message mate if you're interested.

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's all good zeph. Listen mate, i am really interested on hearing your views on your new T4 when you receive it. I am also interested in having a listen to your minibox-f. If you would like to have a listen to my supermicro for a couple of weeks perhaps we could do a swap, just for a listening sample. Drop me a message mate if you're interested.

Minibox-D actually. Well, I'll contact you after I'm done listening to my T4 (when it arrives) and compare it to my Minibox-D.
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #14 of 22
I guess you were unlucky. I ordered my P3 on Friday night, they shipped it Saturday, and it was in my hands Monday afternoon. I live on the West Coast of Canada for reference.

Nov 16, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #15 of 22
Guess they made an error! Suck it up, or reject the parcel..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back