iBasso D7 - Any good and should I get one???
Sep 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jason36

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I posted yesterday with regards to the Schiit Bitfrost and Asgard combo I was thinking of buying.....I have however decided that this is going to be more of a longer term purchse once I have a more static system at home to use it in.

So I am going back to the drawing board with regards to a small / portable DAC/HP Amp which I can use with my laptop (Apple Losless and 24/96 files), I am looking for something that is portable so it can be easily carried between home and office and when necesarry on business trips.

I currently have a uDac2 but think I could do much better soundwise on the H/P output.....I keep getting some sound imbalance when I turn the volume up and down....only slight, but its there none the less.

I have come across an iBasso D7 Sidewinder at a good price (£85.00 - six months old and in excellent condition). It seems to meet all the criteria I am after, powered by USB, Good DAC Chip, asynchronous transfer at 24/192 via USB and it has RCA outputs and a coax digital out. I also believe I could use this as an amplifier only via the lineout for an iPod/iPhone using an LOD cable?

Do you think this is a good option....anybody own / use one and what's your feedback?

Thanks in advance guys

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 5
Interesting review. I wonder if the reviewer have heard the Fiio stuff at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back