iBasso D42 vs Schiit Magni/Modi
Dec 30, 2013 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jpalenzuela

Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I am searching for my first amp/DAC. It's for my grados SR80s, I will upgrade to Alessandro MS2i soon. There is not much information about this ibasso model, but I plan to buy it with Hiflight OPAMP to add some warmth. Or maybe buy the Schiit stack which has very good reputation on this website. I mostly listen to Rock, (instrumental, alternative, indie, etc)
Which one is better under these cirncumstances? Any advice or recommendation is very welcome

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 6
I recently purchased the Schiit Vali and it is AWESOME. Highly recommended. That said I'm not familiar w/ your headphones or the iBasso, but so far I'm loving the Vali's sound. My first tube amp and it's a winner.

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 6
I recently purchased the Schiit Vali and it is AWESOME. Highly recommended. That said I'm not familiar w/ your headphones or the iBasso, but so far I'm loving the Vali's sound. My first tube amp and it's a winner.

Which headphones do you own? I looked into Vali as well but since grados have low impedance I don't know if it's going to be a good pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back