iBasso D4 Mamba USB fault?
Dec 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ni3tzsch3

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, 

Recently, I have been looking into portable amps around the $150~200 price range for my Triple.fi.10 and laptop. Reading reviews (mainly from skylab) and some other people who have the same headphones, the iBasso D4 mamba seems very promising (along with their T3 which I really like the small form factor). However, I also read that the iBasso D4 may have an inherent fault with the USB which causes it to lose functionality (sounds distorts or becomes unusable). I was worried if this is very common and should be a factor for me to avoid the mamba and get the D10 cobra (used) or D12 (used) or the T3. (how much better or worse are the other T series?)

That being said, I am also open to other suggestions, it is just these seemed to be very good amps. :D

Thank you for your time,
Ni3tzsch3

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 2
Unfortunate this does seem to be the case with this particular iBasso, as a matter mine died not too long ago.. and can only be used as an AMP. I'm still looking at my options of sending it off overseas, or just saving the cash to make another purchase.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/581155/d4-mamba-dac-issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back