ibasso D3 Review!
Jan 26, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #181 of 200
His signature pretty much un-tempted me, so I'm cool
biggrin.gif

D3 still is a beaut, though..

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #182 of 200
Just got myself a D2 Viper. Just how good is this compare to the D3? I'm going to change the opamps soon.

Looks like I missed the D3 writeup.

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #183 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenarrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got myself a D2 Viper. Just how good is this compare to the D3? I'm going to change the opamps soon.

Looks like I missed the D3 writeup.

With LM4562 in the main socket and LM6172 in the ground it sounds similar to the D3 and Pico. Battery life is the best at 17 hours with this. This was god with full size cans and IEM.

With LTC6241HV in the main socket and LMH6655 (or was it the 6622) it sounds similar to the Predator. Odly I was getting 7 hours out of the battery with this, which made no sense. Good with IEM and full size cans.

With LM6172 in the main socket and THS4032 in the ground it sounds between the 2MOVE and Predator. Warm sounding with loads of power with full size cans, great bass with IEM. Battery life was just under 14 hours with this. Swapping those two opamps to THS4032 in the main socket with LM6172 in the ground has a similar sound to the 1st setup I listed but not quite as good with full size phones as it is with IEM.

It also sounds good with an LMH6622 in the main or ground, but not both. It's too warm and forward with two LM6172 as well.

D2 Viper is an excellent amp and DAC, just not with the stock opamps. See my review which is linked in my public profile "about me" (cut and paste).

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #184 of 200
Hmmm, i would love to get the d3, but i have no money. Would a d2 boa fit the bill? With my OK1s?

I noticed that there was a switch on the back of the boa unit, does anyone how that will hold up in my pocket?
If i put the d2 in my pocket, with the tiny switch facing down, will it damage it?

Jan 29, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #185 of 200
My D2 Boa's switch seems very sturdy, and I don't think the weight of the amp itself can damage the switch.. (Besides, the fabric of your pocket should give way a little, absorbing the tension a bit..

I don't think it's small enough to be carried in a pocket, though.. You'd look weird.. Bulky at the very least..

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #186 of 200
Quote:

Originally Posted by mambo5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, i would love to get the d3, but i have no money. Would a d2 boa fit the bill? With my OK1s?

I noticed that there was a switch on the back of the boa unit, does anyone how that will hold up in my pocket?
If i put the d2 in my pocket, with the tiny switch facing down, will it damage it?

I would get the D3...better amp section and user replaceable batteries! And get 100+ hours per charge!

Pay with CC via paypal, its 50 bucks more!

Jan 30, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #188 of 200
I think to buy D3 as amp for my ipaq 214. But I need a bit longer cable than CB01. Maybe 1 meter (3 foot) long. Would you recommend me one which I can buy in the US?
Tnx.

PS in addition. Will D3 a good choice for my Sennheiser PXC 250?

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #189 of 200
Ok, you got me. Got the D3.

It is a very good match for IE8 for my main criteria - imaging and soundstage. The D3 is an excellent all around DAC/Amp - long battery life, flexible DAC, line out, and above all excellent SQ for the money.

BTW, got no RF issue here. My Logitech speakers right next to the D3 are affected more than the D3 with iPhone close by.

iBasso delivered it fast. Excellent service.

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #191 of 200
it is really great amp...
except it really sensitive with mobile 2G gsm.. sometimes it s really frustating
frown.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #193 of 200
By the way, I just lost my D3. After running the DAC-only option with my external speakers, my wife noticed the fuller sound and took it away from me
frown.gif
. It is now serving as a full time DAC for her PC. It's Valentines Day what can I do?

Now, I do not have one for myself anymore. Hey, it's Valentine, she has to pay me back. Looking for either another D3 or D10 this time.

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #195 of 200
I finally got out the D3 tonight...had the ipod with silvercab pro LOD and my 2500s...I had a variety of source files, always rip at 320 guys, man what a nice thick sound...that little amp continues to impress.

Just a word of wisdom here, for home listening, especially when you are next you your partner, get some closed phones!!! As I couldnt get more than a few songs before I had to put her away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back