iBasso D2 Boa Clipping through USB?
Nov 14, 2008 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jsplice

500+ Head-Fier
I'm using my D2 Boa with both my work laptop and my personal desktop computer at home, and when hooked into USB with both computers I hear clipping when the music gets loud. Has anyone else had this problem?

Nov 15, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 9
Hmmm, no, I haven't.

What software are you using to play the music? Do you have any EQ or effects applied?

Nov 15, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 9
I use either iTunes or WinAmp. I've even used foobar on my desktop.

Nov 15, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #4 of 9
Have you tried using foobar with ASIO4ALL (XP) or WASAPI (Vista) ?

It does seem a bit weird... Can you describe the problem, like does it happen for all types of music and sounds etc? And does it still do it if you turn down a software volume a little?

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 9
Try putting the switch on Low Gain.

and go to Sound properties in Windows and disable all enhancements..and set the output to 16 bit, 48khz.

Jan 26, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsplice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using my D2 Boa with both my work laptop and my personal desktop computer at home, and when hooked into USB with both computers I hear clipping when the music gets loud. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm experiencing the same problem. Using ubuntu intrepid, rhythmbox, d2 boa selected via OSS. Clipping appears on all genres, it sounds like static that gets mixed with the highs. I initially thought that something was wrong with my AKG, but static is also there when I checked with my Senn. Using the same flac files from the ipod line out to the boa, it plays fine, no clipping.

Not sure where this noise is coming from. Could be from the cheapo usb cables that I use.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #9 of 9
It should I suppose
smily_headphones1.gif
is it recognized? what does dmesg or lsusb say when you plug it in? or are you only having problems with flac files in particular?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back