iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
May 7, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #2,041 of 4,153

qusp

Member of the Trade: Twisted Cables
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Posts
7,743
Likes
61
here ya go guys, not sure if ron was posting this link but thats the link to the best place to buy authentic Cameron Sino batteries for pretty much any device I got my ipod video 950mah battery there too. that ^^ link is the page for the 2200 iriver H120 battery, of course will work with the H140 as wel. these guys are authorized resellers too, so the 1 year warranty from cameron sino is valid from them. cheap too. AFAIK its the best battery for the iriver. I have heard of a 2300mah, but dont know whether its cameron sino or some other brand. I would get his though as the quality of the product is superb, you just have to look at the packaging finish and the fit of the batteries. of course the run-time is good too
biggrin.gif
.

one thing you might have to check though with the cameron sino iriver batteries is that they are li-pol or Lithium Polymer cells; some countries wont allow them to be imported do to some badly designed and built ones exploding
eek.gif
but I had no drama here and maybe they just have to be under a certain rating to be considered safe to fly. all the same, maybe check with licketysplitauctions , correct spelling
biggrin.gif
first before purchasing.
 
May 7, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #2,042 of 4,153

dazzer1975

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Posts
1,514
Likes
11
qusp, so the ipod cf mod isn't as picky on which cf card you use like the irivers? Is that what you meant?

I had planned cf'ing my irivers but got a 120 drive instead and am currently using that and will look into the ipod for the cf mod instead if they dont have the same issue with regards seemingly only the a-data and pretec working as is the case more or less for the irivers
 
May 7, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #2,043 of 4,153

smallcaps

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Posts
1,183
Likes
849
Location
Earth
batteries for the iriver 3xx series also work in the hxx series. i picked mine up from ebay and the above posts should help you find the right one.
 
May 7, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #2,044 of 4,153

HeadphoneAddict

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Posts
17,435
Likes
809
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anybody using the D10 with an H120 and Sennehiser IE8?

I'm considering selling off some gear to buy one of these babies. The previous version impressed me when I tested it with my H332.



It sounds good if you use the AD8066 or AD8599 opamp in the D10 with either AD8656 buffers or stock buffers for more bass. The OPA2228 with AD8656 is good with the IE8 too.
 
May 8, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #2,045 of 4,153

jetlaged

New Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Posts
17
Likes
0
To obviate any further thread hi-jacking I have posted all relevant links for Hxxx mods and maintenance below, these sites will have all the information required for all relevant mods that can be done to the iriver Hxxx series players.

This is after all a IBasso D10 thread :))

iriver Hard Drive Legacy Devices (H1XX, H3XX, H10/20, E10) - MisticRiver :: For iriver Enthusiasts

Customize Your H1xx or H3xx - MisticRiverWiki

HardDriveReplacement < Main < TWiki

ZIFToATAAdapter < Main < TWiki

CFModGuide < Main < TWiki

IriverFlashing < Main < TWiki

The iriver Hxx series is a legacy player and everything that can be done has been done to those players over at misticriver and rockbox, some folks have even installed a RTC chip in their H1xx series, this is documented at rockbox under RTC mod.
the search feature of those respective sites works well.
 
May 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #2,046 of 4,153

HiFlight

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Posts
5,864
Likes
1,406
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlaged /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To obviate any further thread hi-jacking I have posted all relevant links for Hxxx mods and maintenance below, these sites will have all the information required for all relevant mods that can be done to the iriver Hxxx series players.

This is after all a IBasso D10 thread :))

iriver Hard Drive Legacy Devices (H1XX, H3XX, H10/20, E10) - MisticRiver :: For iriver Enthusiasts

Customize Your H1xx or H3xx - MisticRiverWiki

HardDriveReplacement < Main < TWiki

ZIFToATAAdapter < Main < TWiki

CFModGuide < Main < TWiki

IriverFlashing < Main < TWiki

The iriver Hxx series is a legacy player and everything that can be done has been done to those players over at misticriver and rockbox, some folks have even installed a RTC chip in their H1xx series, this is documented at rockbox under RTC mod.
the search feature of those respective sites works well.



FWIW, John (Jamato8) has probably done more mods and has more knowledge of the innards of the H120/140 than anyone I know.
 
May 8, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #2,047 of 4,153

nc8000

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 30, 2007
Posts
10,826
Likes
6,060
Location
Kalundborg, Denmark
Also EFN (I think it was) has done some interesting cap mods on the H1xx models
 
May 8, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #2,048 of 4,153

qusp

Member of the Trade: Twisted Cables
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Posts
7,743
Likes
61
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
qusp, so the ipod cf mod isn't as picky on which cf card you use like the irivers? Is that what you meant?

I had planned cf'ing my irivers but got a 120 drive instead and am currently using that and will look into the ipod for the cf mod instead if they dont have the same issue with regards seemingly only the a-data and pretec working as is the case more or less for the irivers



correct, it seems they (irivers) are ridiculously picky as to which one will work with them; and it is almost which ONE; bugger all do. but yes ipods are much more forgiving in that respect; there are many that work in the ipod. check out the ipod threads over at the RB forums.
 
May 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #2,049 of 4,153

rhw

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Posts
370
Likes
10
Ron's TopKit is running now the third day in my iBasso D10.
I like it very much.
The sound is very harmonic over the whole spectrum, from a firm bass to an undistorted treble.
In comparison the stock configuration has a softer bass and smoother treble.
I am still not sure to use the term "analytical" for the TopKit.
I.e. the piano in Abdullah Ibrahim's Desert air sounds very natural, his voice has a typical breath and warmth.

Btw. Some already have got their Pico Dacs. Congrats.
smily_headphones1.gif

How does it compare to the D10 DAC?
 
May 8, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #2,050 of 4,153

jetlaged

New Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Posts
17
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
correct, it seems they (irivers) are ridiculously picky as to which one will work with them; and it is almost which ONE; bugger all do.


CF cards on H1xx and H3xx series with rockbox work fine, see links above to info regarding which cards work and how to install rockbox.
CF cards with standard firmware will seldom work if at all.

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CFModGuide
 
May 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #2,051 of 4,153

dazzer1975

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Posts
1,514
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
correct, it seems they (irivers) are ridiculously picky as to which one will work with them; and it is almost which ONE; bugger all do. but yes ipods are much more forgiving in that respect; there are many that work in the ipod. check out the ipod threads over at the RB forums.


Great stuff, thanks for the info, I had presumed, having only researched the iriver cf mod that all cf mods were equally as picky. Certainly opens up options knowing that, cheers mate.
 
May 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #2,052 of 4,153

qusp

Member of the Trade: Twisted Cables
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Posts
7,743
Likes
61
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlaged /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CF cards on H1xx and H3xx series with rockbox work fine, see links above to info regarding which cards work and how to install rockbox.
CF cards with standard firmware will seldom work if at all.

CFModGuide < Main < TWiki



did you actually read my post?? i'm running RB; the CF card I use in my ipod (also using RB) doesnt wrk in the iriver running RB. get me. now can we please get back on topic?? do you really think I havent seen that post?? sorry for being grumpy, but I dont know why you posted that link when it was posted on the previous page; even if I were silly enough to not have looked up all this information before installing a CF in my ipod A LONG TIME AGO
 
May 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #2,053 of 4,153

HeadphoneAddict

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Posts
17,435
Likes
809
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ron's TopKit is running now the third day in my iBasso D10.
I like it very much.
The sound is very harmonic over the whole spectrum, from a firm bass to an indistorted treble.
In comparison the stock configuration has a softer bass and smoother treble.
I am still not sure to use the term "analytical" for the TopKit.
I.e. the piano in Abdullah Ibrahim's Desert air sound very natural, his voice has a typical breath and warmth.

Btw. Some already have got their Pico Dacs. Congrats.
smily_headphones1.gif

How does it compare to the D10 DAC?



I am finding my D10 with AD743/AD8616 buffers is very similar to my Pico DAC-only with RSA P-51 Mustang amp. In short - very good!
 
May 8, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #2,054 of 4,153

jetlaged

New Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Posts
17
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you actually read my post?? i'm running RB; the CF card I use in my ipod (also using RB) doesnt wrk in the iriver running RB. get me. now can we please get back on topic?? do you really think I havent seen that post??


Oh dear...

On Topic
devil_face.gif


I really like the sound from my D10 with OPA2350 and 8616 buffers, I can crank the volume up without the sound becoming brittle, it's the best combination yet for my UE10pro's which have very low impedance, (13ohms), I don't think that the standard amps are well suited to low impedance IEM's.
 
May 8, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #2,055 of 4,153

qusp

Member of the Trade: Twisted Cables
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Posts
7,743
Likes
61
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlaged /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh dear...

On Topic
devil_face.gif


I really like the sound from my D10 with OPA2350 and 8616 buffers, I can crank the volume up without the sound becoming brittle, it's the best combination yet for my UE10pro's which have very low impedance. I don't think that the standard amps are well suited to low impedance IEM's.



also loving this combo myself; yet to get the correct adapter to use the AD743JN from topkit, but I have a feeling I will like this BB opamp better anyway as I usually prefer their sig to the AD selections I have here. I have decided to draw a line under my op-amp collecting for D10 as the case they supply you is packed to the rafters with no room for any more
rolleyes.gif
besides i'm loving the sound i'm getting so much at the moment that if the 743 are better then i'll be totally happy to leave it right there and just relax and enjoy the music. even as is without the 743 I could happily do that....if I didnt have them sitting there looking at me daring me to try them.

dont mind me i'm grumpy bums the last few days as I have the flu bad!! but yeah i'm aware of the requirements to use CF in iriver and ipod
biggrin.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top