iBasso D10 and usb audio not working
Sep 14, 2009 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

skynetman

New Head-Fier
I don't understand how make usb work with my d10: vista 64bit does not recognize it when i connect the usb.

The only way to use it is with digital coax but i can't power the d10 with the usb at the same time because on the next track it goes mute (it senses usb and disables coax).

What do i have to do?
A search for a new device did not find anything...

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #2 of 14
Hi,
are you sure it didn't just install and you missed it? it only installs the first time...
i have D10 and vista 64 as well it's a bit annoying u gota right click on your speaker icon (the 1 next 2 ur clock on the bottom right hand corner) then go playback devices, and change to the new one with set default everytime i want 2 use it... it doesn't automatically set to the default output for some reason (this doesn't happen with vista 32bit)

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 14
having a similar problem with mine, windows xp this time, can find the usb audio codec in the sound properties, but it continues to play through the laptop speakers and nothing through the amp.

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #7 of 14
Ok, the problem is only with ffdshow audio decoder.
Even if i correctly select USB audio device i get no sound.

Foobar is ok.

I have to disconnect USB and go digital on battery. Very strange!
I'll try a new version of ffdshow....

Sep 20, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #8 of 14
worst case scenario yo could get one of those wall warts that have a USB output that you sometimes get with mobile phines and ipods, use the USB cable that came with the D10 with this and supply audio via coax. the sound is superior anyway IMO. again this is if all else fails. glad I have a MAC
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #9 of 14
See if it works with another computer. If not, send it back for an exchange/repair.

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See if it works with another computer. If not, send it back for an exchange/repair.

this doesnt sound like a hardware problem to me, sounds more like a software problem/bug on his end, so not much ibasso can do about that.

Sep 22, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #11 of 14
Thx guys, solved with new build of CCCP!

Anyway you can't use digital and usb at the same time!
When you plug in USB and you skip to next track in foobar the D10 senses the USB and disconnets the digital input....

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by skynetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thx guys, solved with new build of CCCP!

Anyway you can't use digital and usb at the same time!
When you plug in USB and you skip to next track in foobar the D10 senses the USB and disconnets the digital input....

you can, u just go 2 windows devices and uninstall driver

Sep 22, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #14 of 14
of course you can use usb to charge and play on optical or coax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back