iBasso CF01 (Cable Free), BT MMCX adapter for any MMCX IEM.
Oct 6, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #122 of 209
I’m paring it with my Shuoer EJ07, which is a tribrid with 4EST. Similar in the sense to how Crinacle tested those two ThieAudio tribrids that adding 20ohms impedance seemed improved sound signature. I do enjoy it compared to wired with my Q5s.

Being wireless is so much simpler and easier, hard to go back to wired use again now.

Few small nice to have for next gen, the biggest issue now I have with CF01 is the short battery life I’m getting. Only max 2.5hrs per fully charged - apparently because I set output at full 100% volume...

Oct 6, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #123 of 209
i just got my hands on these but having trouble straight out of the gate. has anyone else had trouble with the mmcx connection being extremely tight? I haven't even been able to connect the westone's Wxx lineup because it just wont fit! I could get on my old ue900s but had to use pliers to pull them out and scuffed the plastic around the connectors. Is there any instructions on how to loosen the connection? pretty upset having scuffed the new toy and not even being able to use them because of this.

Oct 6, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #124 of 209
i just got my hands on these but having trouble straight out of the gate. has anyone else had trouble with the mmcx connection being extremely tight? I haven't even been able to connect the westone's Wxx lineup because it just wont fit! I could get on my old ue900s but had to use pliers to pull them out and scuffed the plastic around the connectors. Is there any instructions on how to loosen the connection? pretty upset having scuffed the new toy and not even being able to use them because of this.
It is very easy. All you do is use your fingernail or something thin, slide it under the lip of the MMCX and then around keeping in contact with the MMCX and the connection pops right off. To connect you center the MMCX and I move it a little side to side to make sure it is centered and then push on.

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #125 of 209
It is very easy. All you do is use your fingernail or something thin, slide it under the lip of the MMCX and then around keeping in contact with the MMCX and the connection pops right off. To connect you center the MMCX and I move it a little side to side to make sure it is centered and then push on.

thanks for the tips Jamato8, unfortunately not that easy :frowning2: if i try and get a finger nail between them it just bends and breaks my fingernail. In trying to connect the westone's they are definitely centered (that's the easy part) but it physically will not get over the ring of the CF01. Before i bought these I saw Twister6 review showing a picture of a set of westones fitting on the CF01 which gave me confidence.

is it possible to take that ring on the male mmcx off and squash it to reduce the gap and fit the drivers easier?

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #126 of 209
thanks for the tips Jamato8, unfortunately not that easy :frowning2: if i try and get a finger nail between them it just bends and breaks my fingernail. In trying to connect the westone's they are definitely centered (that's the easy part) but it physically will not get over the ring of the CF01. Before i bought these I saw Twister6 review showing a picture of a set of westones fitting on the CF01 which gave me confidence.

is it possible to take that ring on the male mmcx off and squash it to reduce the gap and fit the drivers easier?
You don't pry with your fingernail you just slide it around the round collar under the MMCX, the brass part, like from left to right. The MMCX will come right off and you won't break a fingernail etc.

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #127 of 209
You don't pry with your fingernail you just slide it around the round collar under the MMCX, the brass part, like from left to right. The MMCX will come right off and you won't break a fingernail etc.

that actually worked well with the ue900s and shure's! cheers.

I used all the strength i could muster to get my westone w30s on and finally clicked in. Trying the fingernail trick to get them off didn't work here, its just way too tight. In the meantime I will reside myself to leaving the westone w30s paired with the CF01 until something breaks.

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #128 of 209
I used automotive de-pinning tools with my um pro 10 & 20. The larger of the two in this picture (top left), as it is slightly thicker and about the same height as the MMCX extends on the Westones.

20190604_212728.jpg
20190604_212953.jpg

A little bit of lift or twist and they pop the MMCX free super easily.

Oct 7, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #129 of 209
I used automotive de-pinning tools with my um pro 10 & 20. The larger of the two in this picture (top left), as it is slightly thicker and about the same height as the MMCX extends on the Westones./QUOTE]

thanks assassin10000 i have ordered some from ebay. who knows might need them for car repairs one day.

i was going to do some back and forth testing but this issue is a bit of a pain.

sonically they sound quite good - plenty powerful amps as i am only driving at 1/3 volume. first impressions say the sound is inferior to wired in extension on both ends and headspace (this could be one and the same thing causing this impression). Hopefully the low power needed to drive BA drivers results in good battery life.

fit: the unit is very light but the cable seems a little short and the unit feels a little high up on the ear. it also wobbles around shaking the head left to right - when compared to the Fiio utws1.

convenience: positive - the case is great with the auto on/off by removing and replacing the unit. negative - case is on the big side and about 2/3 of a glasses case. this is fine when I plan to have a bag but when i am on public transport to and from work i like to have just the phone and wallet. this may add unwanted bulk to the pockets.

With drivers attached - the lid flips open very easily as there is pressure from the IEMs and the clasp is very weak.

I will keep using it over the next few weeks and see which situations these end up replacing my cabled pairs. I will be leaving the w60 (favourite pair) as wired to maximize SQ when I demand it and use the w30 and ue900s as portable.

I'm probably being a little nitpicking here but these are the first impressions.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #131 of 209
Thanks for your nice review. I'm a bit confused about recent reports about CF01's high output impedance, though.
As I understand from your review, CF01 improves IT00 sound quality instead of having a negative effect on it?
That is correct. It was quite good with Pears SH-3U as well.

Oct 13, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #132 of 209
Is this a good product? I'm considering it as I'll probably buy the upcoming Samsung next spring when the new one is released. I hate the fact that they followed Apple and dropped the headphone jack, but they make the best phones so I'm sticking with them.

I use the iBasso IT00 as my main set of IEM's, and have read this pairs well with them? Someone actually mentioned it on the IT00 thread and provided pictures also.

Oct 13, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #133 of 209
At least 2 reviews from well-known reviewers say that especially IT00 and CF01 is a great pairing.

Oct 13, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #134 of 209
Does anyone have experience with sleeping in these? At the moment I use Shure SE215s connected to Fiio UTWS1s, and often fall asleep wearing one or both--the Shures sit very flush and the Fiio adapter is surprisingly unobtrusive. But I'm frustrated by the UTWS1s' cumbersome charging (no case, individual micro-USB ports) and pairing issues, so I've been looking at other options. The CF01s might fit the bill but they look a bit chunkier and more metallic than the UTWS1s, so I worry they would dig in behind the ear a bit if sleeping with the earphone against the pillow.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #135 of 209

Users who are viewing this thread

Back