iBasso CF01 (Cable Free), BT MMCX adapter for any MMCX IEM.
Sep 13, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #106 of 209
What do your workflows look like? What's the order of operations? Are you repairing multiple times within a couple hour span?

Here's an example case I just hit: I was listening to them on my phone. Stopped the music stream. Disconnected them. Put them back in the case. I then wanted to later use them on my laptop. Took them out of the case. Hit connect on them from my laptop. They automatically connected to my phone. Tried to connect again from my laptop. CF01L connected on my laptop and CF01R stayed on my phone. I had to forget from both my laptop and phone and reset them and then repair to the device I wanted to use. This is just one such example, I've had tons of pairing issues and situations where only one CF01 will pair, etc.

With my Pixel Buds, I open the case. Press and hold the pairing button. Pair them to the device. From then on out, whenever I hit "connect" to the Pixel Buds on any device I've connected to before, they automatically disconnect from the last device and connect to my intended device without any issues. I don't have to think about anything. Worry about which adapter I take out of the case first, etc. Which of CF01L or CF01R I try to connect to, etc. My ES100 and Pixel Buds "just work".

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #107 of 209
What do your workflows look like? What's the order of operations? Are you repairing multiple times within a couple hour span?

Here's an example case I just hit: I was listening to them on my phone. Stopped the music stream. Disconnected them. Put them back in the case. I then wanted to later use them on my laptop. Took them out of the case. Hit connect on them from my laptop. They automatically connected to my phone. Tried to connect again from my laptop. CF01L connected on my laptop and CF01R stayed on my phone. I had to forget from both my laptop and phone and reset them and then repair to the device I wanted to use. This is just one such example, I've had tons of pairing issues and situations where only one CF01 will pair, etc.

With my Pixel Buds, I open the case. Press and hold the pairing button. Pair them to the device. From then on out, whenever I hit "connect" to the Pixel Buds on any device I've connected to before, they automatically disconnect from the last device and connect to my intended device without any issues. I don't have to think about anything. Worry about which adapter I take out of the case first, etc. Which of CF01L or CF01R I try to connect to, etc. My ES100 and Pixel Buds "just work".
For me, I just disconnect from one device and reconnect to the other. Also, probably why it works for me is that I put it so my phone automatically turn off BT when it disconnect the CF01. I put a NFC tag inside the case so I can connect it back to the phone fairly quickly.
The whole connect reconnect thing takes me like 5s. Different workflow I guess

@Paul - iBasso How come there is no CF01 product page on iBasso website?

Sep 14, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #109 of 209
Hi here's a small review about the iBasso CF01:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-cf01.24540/reviews#item-review-24319/

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-08 at 14.49.53.jpeg

Sep 23, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #110 of 209
So I just got the CF01 paired with multiple IEMs there is some kind of a problem with volume steps (galaxy s10 plus) , when I pass a certain volume level on the phone , the volume increase on the CF01 is massive , I can go from volume step 23 to 25 and the increase in CF01 will be much more than just a 1 point increase, tried "disable absolute volume" and multiple tricks , no success

Sep 23, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #111 of 209
Try the Wavelet android app. There is a "limiter" option that is exactly what helped me with this annoying volume problem.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #114 of 209
It is of course not a standard application. You need to install Wavelet on your phone. No need to have a custom ROM (neither root). I have Samsung Galaxy S10. Just set Post-gain to lower value. In my screenshot is Post-gain set to 0 because I didn't have the CF01 connected when taking the screenshot - Wavelet changes actual settings automatically according to the connected device. It remembers settings for every bluetooth devices separately. Usually, I have it at level ca. -1.5db with the CF01.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #115 of 209
It is of course not a standard application. You need to install Wavelet on your phone. No need to have a custom ROM (neither root). I have Samsung Galaxy S10. Just set Post-gain to lower value. In my screenshot is Post-gain set to 0 because I didn't have the CF01 connected when taking the screenshot - Wavelet changes actual settings automatically according to the connected device. It remembers settings for every bluetooth devices separately. Usually, I have it at level ca. -1.5db with the CF01.

What's the reason for those big volume steps , was so thrilled to get the CF01 , this issue killed it for me !

Sep 26, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #116 of 209
What's the reason for those big volume steps , was so thrilled to get the CF01 , this issue killed it for me !
If you use USB Audio Player Pro (or similar player) you can still turn off bitperfect mode and use its software volume. It works nicely, the only downside is the missing bitperfect playing, but most listeners cannot hear the difference. I personally can, at least with cables.
I think CF01 is great audio equipment and I hope it will last a long time.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #117 of 209
If you use USB Audio Player Pro (or similar player) you can still turn off bitperfect mode and use its software volume. It works nicely, the only downside is the missing bitperfect playing, but most listeners cannot hear the difference (I personally can).

Agreed , but the whole reason I bought this is for using high end IEMs with phone and streaming services , if I wanted to tinker with settings , I would use a DAP.

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #118 of 209
Is this going to be available domestically in the US? Just curious. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back