iBasso Boa issue? high pitched noise
Jun 28, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #16 of 36
Could it be that the rail was anodized like in the Viper? Open it up and see it is, then using a file remove the anodizing. There was a similar issue w/ his/noise in the Viper that was caused by the anodizing of the rail which also serves as the ground connection for the Viper..

Jun 28, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #17 of 36
well it doesnt happen with the iAudio G3 either.

theinterconect doesnt even need to be plugged into the zune for the noise to happen - if the boa is very close to the zune, it startst he noise.

i should note that if i have the interconnect wire (the one from the ibasso website) plugged into the boa and just hanging there, the noise is more pronounced then if i have the interconnect unplugged totally while the boa is near the zune.

again, if i touch the zune to the boa -noise stops. i emailed ibasso last night. waiting response

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #18 of 36
I get the same thing when I plug the interconnect into the input and just leave it hanging there. When I move the ipod near the wire (doesn't need to be touching), I hear the noise. The volume of the amp needs to be turned up to almost max though. So I'm thinking that the wire is acting like an antenna and picking up noise which is them amplified, creating that high pitched sound.

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get the same thing when I plug the interconnect into the input and just leave it hanging there. When I move the ipod near the wire (doesn't need to be touching), I hear the noise. The volume of the amp needs to be turned up to almost max though. So I'm thinking that the wire is acting like an antenna and picking up noise which is them amplified, creating that high pitched sound.

what about when it is plugged into the ipod? any feedback then?

Jun 28, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #21 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if this would even do anything but maybe turn off your wireless?

i always keep the wireless off on my zune but that was my first thought when i heard the noise then i was like, damn, its off already.

that would have been the easiest solution.

Jun 29, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about when it is plugged into the ipod? any feedback then?

Ya, it's still there. But goes away when I push and hold the plug in -- my connection is probably slightly loose though.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Ya, it's still there. But goes away when I push and hold the plug in -- my connection is probably slightly loose though.

hmmm i tried that too. i have the interconnect that is on the iBasso website.

if i push it in the high pitched noise goes away, but that could be jsut from me completing a circuit since i use my other hand.

well now we have this same problem with a boa on a zune and an ipod.

so it isnt just a zune thing.

still waiting for iBasso to reply to my email.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #24 of 36
im gonna return mine i think - ill see what ibasso says. they obviously have some quality control issues. i mean the thing works fine until i TOUCH IT!
biggrin.gif

im not buyin from china again lol. what a pain this may turn out to be. i should have just went local
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Do you hear the sound through the ipods headphone jack or the line out? I think this might be an issue with the headphone jack output.

Jun 30, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #26 of 36
so after reading something about using the headphone out to an amp is best at full volume on the DAP, i now have my headphone out at full 20 volume on the zune. since the volume on the boa only has to go halfway, u can barely notice the high pitched noise if at all, when i hold the boa but dont touch the zune
biggrin.gif

the high pitched noise is noticeable from a touch over 50 up to 80% volume - the funny thing is, when i put the boa to all the way up, i get some hiss in my headphones, but no high pitched noise.

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

so after reading something about using the headphone out to an amp is best at full volume on the DAP, i now have my headphone out at full 20 volume on the zune. since the volume on the boa only has to go halfway, u can barely notice the high pitched noise if at all, when i hold the boa but dont touch the zune
biggrin.gif

the high pitched noise is noticeable from a touch over 50 up to 80% volume - the funny thing is, when i put the boa to all the way up, i get some hiss in my headphones, but no high pitched noise.

You should look for a dock for the zune with a line out to get the most out of the ibasso.

Jun 30, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ratdog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you hear the sound through the ipods headphone jack or the line out? I think this might be an issue with the headphone jack output.

Headphone jack

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratdog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should look for a dock for the zune with a line out to get the most out of the ibasso.

I don't think there is one

Jun 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #29 of 36
id like to find someone around me with an ipod and line out to test this out with. if its clean ill just sell this boa to someone in the states instead of shipping back to china.

Jun 30, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

id like to find someone around me with an ipod and line out to test this out with. if its clean ill just sell this boa to someone in the states instead of shipping back to china.

Why don't you try your ibasso on a laptop or desktop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back