IBasso Audio IT03
Jul 16, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #3,331 of 3,344

Something old & something new. Using the IT03 with the FiiO LC2.5D & Spinfit CP240. I never heard the IT03 sounding this beautiful

Jul 19, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #3,334 of 3,344
Fairly happy with my Penon CS819 cable but I'll give those Spinfit CP240 a try. I remember the days when we had to order Spinfits from Japan but looks like now we can get them from Amazon.

Something old & something new. Using the IT03 with the FiiO LC2.5D & Spinfit CP240. I never heard the IT03 sounding this beautiful

Mar 14, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #3,335 of 3,344
Hey everyone, I lost my it03 the other day and I am looking for an upgrade/sidegrade. The it03 is almost perfect for me, but the fit makes my ears ache, the bass is not as textured/impactful as I like, and the note weight I'd just a smidgen too light.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an item that has these qualities?

Slightly thicker/heavier note weight
More texture/impact with bass
Simpler fit

I am mostly a soundstage/bass head (quality bass, not quantity), if that helps. If there is a cable I can use that somehow helps with these things I'd consider getting the it03 again. I'm driving from a Galaxy S5 (I know, it's not ideal) but I have a couple OK quality sources at my disposal.

The JVC HA FDX1 was supposed to be my upgrade. Worst purchase I've ever made in audio. No bass, tinny highs, finnicky fit, shout mid, etc...

Mar 14, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #3,336 of 3,344
Hey everyone, I lost my it03 the other day and I am looking for an upgrade/sidegrade. The it03 is almost perfect for me, but the fit makes my ears ache, the bass is not as textured/impactful as I like, and the note weight I'd just a smidgen too light.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an item that has these qualities?

Slightly thicker/heavier note weight
More texture/impact with bass
Simpler fit

I am mostly a soundstage/bass head (quality bass, not quantity), if that helps. If there is a cable I can use that somehow helps with these things I'd consider getting the it03 again. I'm driving from a Galaxy S5 (I know, it's not ideal) but I have a couple OK quality sources at my disposal.

The JVC HA FDX1 was supposed to be my upgrade. Worst purchase I've ever made in audio. No bass, tinny highs, finnicky fit, shout mid, etc...
Vega works for me. very impactful bass but not bloated with clear highs. Using them with the Sony ZX300 which has thicker sounding notes to me. Sound stage is spot on with plenty of depth also.
I too also had fit issues with the IT03 unfortunately, surprisingly the Andromeda fit me perfectly and are fantastic but probably not enough bass for your needs. The Vega are small and extremely comfortable as well with the bass you will probably be happy with. The later “Atlas” shares the same type of driver as the Vega but it’s 10mm instead of Vega’s 8.5mm. Not much different, tried the Atlas and not a big enough improvement for me to upgrade plus the Vega fit better and for me, look better lol.
No need to mention the highest quality you get when investing in a Campfire product :L3000:

Mar 14, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #3,338 of 3,344
ISN h40 looks promising. How do they compare to the it03?

CA Vega looks fantastic, but it's about double the price of my budget (350), even used. I should have mentioned that. Really nice suggestion though!

Also, does anyone have any weigh-in on the upgrade cable part of the question? Seems like a lot of folks have had good experiences with this, but I'm not sure of the change would be dramatic enough to be worth the purchase...

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #3,339 of 3,344
Just a quick update on the it03 upgrade...it isnt going well. Tried the h40 and while it had a brilliant soundstage I thought it was a significant downgrade in midrange and clarity in general. The instrument placement was poor as well. The FDX1 might have been a faulty pair as they have had QC issues I hear.

I am looking at purchasing the it03 again, but im also considering the mangird tea, mangird L3, and audiosense t800. If anyone has tried those let me know what you thought!

Dec 30, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #3,340 of 3,344
Reviving old thread.

I am in need of IT03 filter screen replacement, reached out to Paul but have not received a response so far.
Please let me know if anyone know where I can get replacement filter.

May 2, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #3,342 of 3,344
Just a quick update on the it03 upgrade...it isnt going well. Tried the h40 and while it had a brilliant soundstage I thought it was a significant downgrade in midrange and clarity in general. The instrument placement was poor as well. The FDX1 might have been a faulty pair as they have had QC issues I hear.

I am looking at purchasing the it03 again, but im also considering the mangird tea, mangird L3, and audiosense t800. If anyone has tried those let me know what you thought!

Just in case you might be looking to get the IT03 again, I have a set listed in the Classifieds. Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back