IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 11, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #766 of 3,344
I have found the IT03 to do a good job with classical and that is some hard stuff to get right. Timbre has to be on and then the separation and layering are important to me, and I get this. Comparing to the JH13 Pro freq phase customs I have, the IT03 have better bass and after being burned in, it all becomes very coherent. So I do not agree with you that they do not produce real instruments well. I find they do and I listen to a lot of well recorded classical, orchestral and small ensembles to solo violins etc. I do think you need a good low output impedance amp or whatever source you are using to feed them. Otherwise the frequencies are messed up, which would be expected if there isn't a good difference between the output impedance and the impedance of what is being driven. 

Fair enough. It could be a synergy issue, as I only tried them with the HTC 10 and Apogee Duet. I also thought they sounded fine with piano and some strings. Problem was mostly electric guitars and drums for me, for whatever reason.

If I get a nice DAP I may give them another go at some point, since there was a lot to really like. Just weren't right for me at the moment with my current gear.

Oct 11, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #767 of 3,344
  I felt this way too, but only had ~50 hrs "burn-in" (not a huge believer); vocals felt a little "bathroom-ish", bass was fantastic, and highs were a tad bit sharp. 

Please email me at paul@ibasso.com if you need the tip size that is missing from your IT03.

I changed tips and the bathroomish sound sorta went away but it's still too early to judge honestly.  I could also have a faulty stock cable that was cutting in and out.  I'm using my shure cable right now and it's excellent.  

Is the cable cutting in and out on one channel? You can email me with your address and I can have another cable sent to you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 11, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #769 of 3,344
4 hours in, running from nexus 5x, spotify 320 streams. Havent had the chance to run them through my dx80 for critical listening. These things sound pretty good. Fit is good although I must say that they're not the most comfortable iems. You definitely know they're there unlike say phonaks (but few iems are as comfortable as phonaks tbh). Someone mentioned the iems sounding hollow. Happened to me with stock tips but changed em up and they sounded more 'normal' after that. My biggest concern was coherence and soundstage. It seems that these iems throw a decent soundstage and even this early, theyre pretty coherent. I'm beginning to understand what people mean when they say that this is an energetic iem. It has a distinct twfk flavor to it. I used to own the Brainwavz B2 and Rockit R50 so this signature is definitely something that I'm familiar with. Bought from annie-audio from ebay. 255 plus free DHL shipping and I got them within 3 days after DHL received the package. Pretty quick.  

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #770 of 3,344
just saw that Penon has a unit and I ordered as fast as I could. Hopefully won't have to wait too long...really anxious to try these out.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #771 of 3,344
  4 hours in, running from nexus 5x, spotify 320 streams. Havent had the chance to run them through my dx80 for critical listening. These things sound pretty good. Fit is good although I must say that they're not the most comfortable iems. You definitely know they're there unlike say phonaks (but few iems are as comfortable as phonaks tbh). Someone mentioned the iems sounding hollow. Happened to me with stock tips but changed em up and they sounded more 'normal' after that. My biggest concern was coherence and soundstage. It seems that these iems throw a decent soundstage and even this early, theyre pretty coherent. I'm beginning to understand what people mean when they say that this is an energetic iem. It has a distinct twfk flavor to it. I used to own the Brainwavz B2 and Rockit R50 so this signature is definitely something that I'm familiar with. Bought from annie-audio from ebay. 255 plus free DHL shipping and I got them within 3 days after DHL received the package. Pretty quick.  

I with you on the fit as well.  Been in the office all day and I would have to take it off every hour or so but enjoying the sound the more I listen to it.  Reminds of the JVC-FX850.

And another one for annie audio, ordered mine during their national holiday week and received it well before the estimated date.

Oct 11, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #774 of 3,344

I with you on the fit as well.  Been in the office all day and I would have to take it off every hour or so but enjoying the sound the more I listen to it.  Reminds of the JVC-FX850.

And another one for annie audio, ordered mine during their national holiday week and received it well before the estimated date.

I get a bit of pain in the lowe part of my ear canal after a while. Perhaps i have my cable cinch pulled up too high. I'll try loosen it. If it still doesn't help, I'm gonna switch tips to see if that affects the comfort. I have a pair of spinfits lying somewhere. 

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #777 of 3,344
  I'm hearing some distortion in my music through the dx80. Anyone noticed that while burning in their iems? Quite apparent in the bass region. I'm hoping that it's part of the burn in process. 

​I've read the whole topic, and the bass really improves during the burning proccess (150h according to Ibasso)

So use them a few day, let them play the night/when you don't use them and look for any change

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #778 of 3,344
  I'm hearing some distortion in my music through the dx80. Anyone noticed that while burning in their iems? Quite apparent in the bass region. I'm hoping that it's part of the burn in process. 

I haven't heard any distortion, even when burning in. Is it on all types of music? I take it back, I did hear some but then when I used other IEM's, it was there, just not as apparent as the IT03 was resolving it more. But if a problem with the IT03, I am sure iBasso will fix the issue. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back