IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 1, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #485 of 3,344
  being at the same price point and following same concept how do they compare against the Oriveti Primacy?

They start similarly in the lows but the IT03's bass climbs a bit more below 80 Hz, making it more of a sub-bass focussed in-ear in comparison to the Primacy's linear extension (not meant as in terms of level/emphasis but the way it extends) towards the sub-bass.
The middle treble (5 kHz) is more prominent with the IT03 compared to the Primacy which has got a dip here.

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #487 of 3,344
  How does this fare against the Ultimate ears reference monitor? 

Somewhat brighter mids, more bass, somewhat more realistic upper treble/super highs (the UERM has got a broad peak slightly above 10 kHz which is probably its only flaw).
For the rest, there's the normal difference between BA and hybrid IEMs.

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #488 of 3,344
  is penon audio good with returns? I'm a bit hesitant to buy outside of usa since wararnty returns are usually difficult due to the amount of time needed for shipping and the potential for a language barrier. I want these to be on amazon but I'm getting impatient.

+1 for Penon Audio. I often buy various stuff at aliexpress and I can pretty much say that Penon delivers faster than everyone else even in free shipping methods. Another thing to mention was when I had a problem with a DAP I bought from them. They said they will have it repaired. Took just a week and delivered back to me through DHL. Penon -> Manufacturer -> Penon -> to me.

Service is excellent. If you want faster communication method, try adding them on Facebook. They use the name Penon Penon. The usual person who answers there through messenger is Ms. Amy. You can ask about their products, shipping, etc. I already inquired about the IT03 and will probably order mine this month.

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #489 of 3,344
I've given the IT03 a thorough audition. Whilst they are undeniably good IEMs, in particular in the lower frequencies, I do not feel that they reach the standards of my personal reference benchmarks such as the CFA Andromedas, 64 Audio U12s. I also prefer the Perfect Seal AR6, Noble K10s and a slew of other mid-priced IEMs over the IT03.

My main gripe with these is a lack of tonal balance and coherency. The IT03 has a great wow factor because it is forward sounding, surgically dissects the music and presents it straight in front of the listener. It is however slightly lacking in other technicalities such as staging and imaging. In other words, I find it lacking in subtlety and refinement.

Build quality was pretty good, whereas fit and comfort for me personally was less than ideal.

For its retail price, I think the IT03 offers great sonics and overall good value. I would give it a solid, albeit conditional recommendation.

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #490 of 3,344
I've given the IT03 a thorough audition. Whilst they are undeniably good IEMs, in particular in the lower frequencies, I do not feel that they reach the standards of my personal reference benchmarks such as the CFA Andromedas, 64 Audio U12s. I also prefer the Perfect Seal AR6, Noble K10s and a slew of other mid-priced IEMs over the IT03.

My main gripe with these is a lack of tonal balance and coherency. The IT03 has a great wow factor because it is forward sounding, surgically dissects the music and presents it straight in front of the listener. It is however slightly lacking in other technicalities such as staging and imaging. In other words, I find it lacking in subtlety and refinement.

Build quality was pretty good, whereas fit and comfort for me personally was less than ideal.

For its retail price, I think the IT03 offers great sonics and overall good value. I would give it a solid, albeit conditional recommendation.
seems your ears are BA ears not Traditional Home speaker kind of sound.

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #492 of 3,344
Nope that's not the issue. I've heard plenty of dynamic/hybrid IEMs as well. Certainly doesn't apply across the board
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oct 1, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #493 of 3,344

Thanks for sharing your honest opinion. Interesting as your points (which I marked bold) didn't came to this thread that much before (or maybe I missed it
biggrin.gif
)

The 4 totl iems (I also have the AR6) you named are 4-6 times more expensive. So in case IT03 performs on ± 80-90% of these models I would still be very happy with it's performance/price ratio.

Oct 1, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #494 of 3,344
Thanks for sharing your honest opinion. Interesting as your points (which I marked bold) didn't came to this thread that much before (or maybe I missed it :D )

The 4 totl iems (I also have the AR6) you named are 4-6 times more expensive. So in case IT03 performs on ± 80-90% of these models I would still be very happy with it's performance/price ratio.

Yes, I must stress that this isn't a knock on the IT03 at all. It has plenty of great qualities that are hard to come by in any price bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back