IBasso Audio IT03
Sep 26, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #256 of 3,344
  Another Public Announcement
biggrin.gif

As previously mentioned, IT03 bass does benefit from a long burn in, so give it 150hrs.  I had a number of people asking me about it on head-fi and FB.  Don't jump into the conclusion straight out of the box or after a day or two of listening.  After the burn in, to my ears the bass is more articulate and the quantity of sub-bass will go down a bit.  Also, I'm noticing that sub-bass quantity and upper mids smoothness does vary between different sources.  So, pair up is important as well.

+1
Im now over 100+ hours and HOLY MOTHER OF AUDIO GODS this IEM is . . . Im truly speechless!
They are almost unrecognizable from the same IEM's of 30 (burn in) hours ago

Also, I tried an old white silicon tip that I had left over from my Fidue A83's as I noticed that if i pushed in the spin fits a bit deeper
into my ears  there was more bass coming so, on a whim I thought to go through a few final tips that I hadn't tried yet.

In the past I have experienced night and day differences when you get the tip/earphone/fit synergy spot on, but NOTHING like this
Like going from FLC8 to Fidue A83 - the bass now is phenominal.

Early on I tried Complys but they muddied things a bit but now . . . 

Im sorry, I know this sounds like a classic hype train but Ive never had such a big and hugely pleasurable unexpected improvement
before in a pair of IEM's
I was already deeply impressed with them but now . . . Im so looking forward to hearing from the rest of the community
and from the rest of the community hearing them :)
iBasso has created something legendary

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #259 of 3,344
Like I said one day and a whopping eight pages ago...

IcOqh.jpg

:D True...but there will enough reviews coming soon from respected and trusted reviewers to find out if the train is real or not :wink: 

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #261 of 3,344
Sep 26, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #267 of 3,344

I wasn't sure about your earlier 'TOTL' comments, but now . . . we are on the same page sir
smily_headphones1.gif

glad I am of help. It surely is TOTL.

Yep, you are enjoying it a bit too much
tongue.gif
  and now got Jon as your partner in hype-train crime
biggrin.gif
  One thing for sure, these are not DT86, thus no worries about getting derailed...

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #268 of 3,344
Yep, you are enjoying it a bit too much :p   and now got Jon as your partner in hype-train crime :D   One thing for sure, these are not DT86, thus no worries about getting derailed...
yes the dt86 is bad very bad

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #269 of 3,344
I will reserve my main and final impressions of the iBasso IT03 until I have given
them a decent listen over a period of time.

Until then I will say I have enjoyed them so far, but it is the early days and the details of the actual performance of the IT03 
will eventually reveal itself after some time of concentrated listening.

I shall not rush with with my conclusions. 

regards
expat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back