IBasso Audio IT03
Nov 11, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #1,100 of 3,344
  Does anyone know which size of comply tip fit the it03?

As long as the inner diameter is 5mm, it should fit. The length could be a problem though, if it is too long, you may find the iem slightly sticking out, but you can always choose to cut off abit of length off the base.

Today I tried pairing IT03 with Samsung Note 5. At first, I wasn't expecting anything great out of a phone's DAC but boy was I wrong. The sound immediately came across as warmer, slightly more bass and treble energy is more tamed. After enabled adapt sound, the bass and sub bass have even more presence, and the mids are meatier, weightier, not recessed and sounds very lush. There isn't event a hint of harshness or overly brightness at all. It's like it has been transformed into a different IEM. Compared to the burr brown DAC, the Note 5 has slightly less carity, smaller sound stage and not as good separation, but the sound is so much more musical and enjoyable now.

edit:
I forgot to mentioned I am using some cheap muti-core ofc copper cable.
I initially tried silver coated copper cable and I do like the combination. The treble is harsh, bass is anemic. I believe the IT03 works well with some ****ty copper cable. I have not yet done comparison with the stock cable yet.

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #1,101 of 3,344
If on our stock cable you find that you want the MMCX connection to move back and forth less you can gently push down on the black collar above the MMCX connection. Don't do this with the cable connected to the IT03 but straight down on a surface but gently while holding the collar firmly between your fingers. This will push the collar down a little and create more friction against the shell. A pad of paper works well to push against. For most there is no need to do this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 12, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #1,102 of 3,344
  Ok so my Aurisonics Harmony's have been returned due to too many faults.

So, now that audio123 has disappeared from this thread after leaving all his hype about these behind and moved on to something else and there are a few people left whose opinion means something eg H20, I am curious to know whether these would be a suitable replacement. I am however concerned about the mmcx issues people are having and that the early adopters appear to be selling them.

Thoughts??

Sources would be DX90 and S3 with oppo HA-2. Oh yeah, also my trusty old X3 classic.

Also @Paul - iBasso is the warranty transferable??

The warranty is transferable. You need the warranty card that is included and sales receipt that indicates the sales date or the card with the dealer stamp and date.

Nov 12, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #1,105 of 3,344
As a separate data point, I had the Harmony for a few weeks loan recently and have been a previous owner of most of the Bravo and ASG series at various points.

For me, the IT03 would be a good replacement for the Harmony for the price - it has less overall bass (but doesn't feel "bass light", and slightly less forward mids. The treble is airy but not quite as hot as the Harmony - overall, a more balanced sound with enough bass slam and sparks to remind me of the Aurisonics house sound without being a direct copy. Please note, this is all from memory so take the comparison with a pinch of salt.

Comfort is also fine for me - I guess ear anatomy plays a part there.

Hope that helps?

How long did it take for the it03 to be delivered from Penon, and which service did you use?  Also were you charged for tax?

Thanks

Nov 12, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #1,106 of 3,344
I've used Penon before and it took just over a week to deliver my Shanling M5 case. I actuate picked up the IT03 when traveling through Singapore recently (no tax) - was planning on buying something more expensive like one of the Noble Universals to avoid the 20% UK import tax but they were the IEMs that grabbed me the most. Sometimes cheaper is better!

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #1,107 of 3,344
I've used Penon before and it took just over a week to deliver my Shanling M5 case. I actuate picked up the IT03 when traveling through Singapore recently (no tax) - was planning on buying something more expensive like one of the Noble Universals to avoid the 20% UK import tax but they were the IEMs that grabbed me the most. Sometimes cheaper is better!

I am glad you are enjoying the IT03. We treated them no differently than something that might cost far more. The best parts available with a  handmade shell that is a hand polished. The price does not really represent what goes into the IT03. We are glad so many are enjoying the sound.

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #1,108 of 3,344
I am glad you are enjoying the IT03. We treated them no differently than something that might cost far more. The best parts available with a  handmade shell that is a hand polished. The price does not really represent what goes into the IT03. We are glad so many are enjoying the sound.

It's an easy sound to enjoy. I've been trying to write up my impressions on these fit the last week or so to post up on the Head Gear section and I keep drifting into the albums I am listening to rather than actually doing any "critical" listening!

If you guys have any plans for an IT04 (or 5, or 6) then I'm definitely keeping an eye out for those... :wink:

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #1,109 of 3,344

How are these compared to HEM8? I want something for EDM and modern music.

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #1,110 of 3,344
How are these compared to HEM8? I want something for EDM and modern music.

From memory (as I sold my HEM8 to another member recently), the IT03 are more crisp and airy, with beteer sub bass presence and slam. The HEM8 it's a dense, rich sound (think thick chocolate cake), the IT03 is more layered and light (thick chocolate mousse), and it is easier to pick out the details. Personally, I prefer the IT03 tuning for daily listening, but if you are looking for thick and rich, the HEM8 are something pretty special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back