IBasso Audio IT03

1. SomeGuyDude
    That does seem to be the thing. What I'm mostly concerned about is on one hand sibilance and on the other hand too smooth. It's like flipping a coin between two sounds I'm not in love with. Probably gonna go iT03, but augh.

2. pr0b3r
    Definitely not smooth. I don't prefer that kind of sig as well. I prefer more sparkly treble where cymbals have good ring and shimmer effect.

3. SomeGuyDude
    If you have Spotify or whatever, could you do me a massive favor and tell me if Coldworld (album: Melancholie2) is overly sibilant? That's one of my benchmarks for harsh treble.

4. pr0b3r
    Wow! It was like listening to a metal radio station while there's a TV turned on showing only white noise in high volume. Can't quite describe what that was. It was hard to tell the sibilance level for me. I usually listen to albums with clean vocals for testing sibilance so forgive me if I couldn't be of much help to you.

SomeGuyDude likes this.
  5. SomeGuyDude
    Perfect! IB03 it is.

I love that album to pieces and it's definitely white-noise in production, but what concerned me was that it would be painful. Ordering now.

pr0b3r likes this.
  6. pr0b3r
    Damn! Please don't blame me if you won't like what you'll receive. :cold_sweat::cry: But I have to be optimistic. I think you'll like it. Haha!

7. jamato8 Contributor
    Regarding sibilance and the IT03, I don't find them to have this. If the music has it sure, they will convey it but on recording that have a lot of higher frequency information that are recorded well they don't, to my ears. Cymbals are well portrayed with a nice brass sheen and not splashy. I can't stand sibilance. :^)

8. SomeGuyDude
    LMAO no worries dude. If the IT03 was sibilant you would have QUICKLY noticed. It's a really sharp album and with strident headphones it's a case of "oh god get these off of me."

I don't find it hard to listen to with the KZ ZS6, which are indeed sibilant (using foams, though), so if the IT03 didn't stab your eardrums, then that means the "hot treble" thing is not an issue.

9. pr0b3r
    I think that the majority of the people here doesn't hear the IT03 as sibilant. Probably different thresholds for us. But as I listened to them last night for confirmation, I definitely heard a tiny amount, if not so obvious, sibilance on some songs I have shuffled to. Again, a tiny amount. Some people also said the treble is hot but not everyone agreed. I somehow agree though. Still, they are still on the tolerable level for me. I highly enjoy mine up to this day and haven't heard any other IEMs with similar subbass extension which I love the most in this first IEM of iBasso. I hope you'll like them too.

SomeGuyDude likes this.
  10. SomeGuyDude
    Hot treble in and of itself I'm not averse to. I'm someone who rather enjoyed my time with the DT990 and the HD700. I think what some consider "hot" others would just call "energetic," and what those people call "smooth" some others would call "overly soft."

Order put in, I'll give my impressions on Saturday.

pr0b3r likes this.
  11. pr0b3r
    I'll wait for your thoughts on them then. :grin:

12. Tim Le
    If it makes your decision a bit easier, the Orivettis have issues with driver flex. I know it's not a huge deal, but there's something that turns me off about buying a $200+ IEM with driver flex. It's the audiophile version of nails on a chalkboard.

13. SomeGuyDude
    That definitely did help!

Another big one was reading a few reviews saying that the IT03 has a noticeably stronger bass presence than the Pinnacle P1. I have the P1 and think they sound pretty damn good with metal, full enough at the low end but a bit less than I prefer.

14. slackerpo
    i felt sibilant the IT03, coming from westone um 30 pro (quite dark). not shure if i got used to, or if burn in indeed happend. aint as much as an issue as it did before.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  15. SomeGuyDude
    Westones, from what little experience I had, tend to be really rolled off in the treble. I think a lot of stuff would sound sibilant by comparison.