iAudio X5 60Gb
Oct 4, 2005 at 3:37 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by gords
Does anyone know if the 60gb X5 will be available in the X5L version?

not anytime soon. The 60GB HDD uses two platters, and it's physical dimensions are too big to make it into an X5L. Maybe when they come out with single platter 60GB HDDs.

Oct 4, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 41
I like the idea of album art too. I hope there is a firmware upgrade. I read on the iaudiophile site in a post from a Cowon rep that they thought it was a cool feature on the nano. Don't know why they missed the photo and color ipods.

Oct 4, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by irvin59
I like the idea of album art too. I hope there is a firmware upgrade. I read on the iaudiophile site in a post from a Cowon rep that they thought it was a cool feature on the nano. Don't know why they missed the photo and color ipods.

I can't figure out why anyone would argue "against" album art. If you have a decent screen then it's really nice to be able to see a representation of the album's artwork on the screen. There is a reason why you see icons appearing everywhere, look at the displays on the latest mobile phones. A wee picture is a quick way of identifying an album - much better than reading tiny text on a screen.

...try it I think you'll like it.

ZT

Oct 9, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #22 of 41
What's the battery life of the 60gb X5?

Oct 9, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #24 of 41
Everything I've seen seems to point to it having the same battery life as the other X5s, so around 15 hours or so. Though, my X5 30GB has gotten more than 15 hours on it without a charge, so I think 15 is a little modest.

Oct 9, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #26 of 41
Why can't iAudio engineer start adding in an id3 tag based browsing software improvements instead of making hardware improvements? Other than that, I think this player is totally awesome.

Oct 10, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #27 of 41
I want one
icon10.gif

Oct 15, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by YW_Slayer
A reputable electronics store in Hong Kong has listed its price at HK$3790 (I think) in a newspaper with very wide circulation.

I'm visiting Hong Kong now and I've been looking for iAudio X5 60GB everywhere. "Broadway" chain stores don't have it yet. Many others haven't even heard of it. Does anyone know where I can buy a 60GB iAudio X5 in Hong Kong? Thanks.

Oct 16, 2005 at 1:46 PM Post #29 of 41
Soooooo......is there anywhere these are *really* available? For US purchasers? Cowon's website still doesn't have them, and they don't show up at all in a froogle search. Does anyone actually *own* a 60GB X5? I gotta be honest, I think this is a load...we were told by Cowon several months back that the 60GB version was not going to come out in the US (if at all). It's certainly possible that they've changed their minds, but I can't see why they would just release them to a couple of eBay merchants and not sell the 60GB X5 on their own website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back