iAudio M3
Apr 15, 2004 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pomegranate

100+ Head-Fier
These are going to be released here in the UK pretty soon, and going by the spec it may offer some advantages over my iHP (OTF playlists, what might be dedicated syncing software, radio recording, desk cradle).
My main interest is the OS and physical interface. So basically, has anyone tried using one yet, or know anyone has done so?

Also, is the sound quality any good? Some people have observed that the sound quality on the iHPs is significantly lower when connected through the remote, I'm worried this might be the case on the M3

Apr 15, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm looking forward to this player too. The spec's say a s/n of 95db. I'm hoping the sound quality is very good. Nice and small,smaller than the 20gb iPod.

Their flash based players seemed to be very well liked.

I know many people are put off by the fact that there is no lcd on the player itself. Personally, it doesn't bother me at all, i don't like to fidget with player, like to keep it tucked away, i'd rather have a powerful remote which is what attracted me to the ihp.

No word as to when it'll be available in the US
frown.gif

Apr 15, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, the remote is an attraction to me. Sometimes I like to work up concepts for mp3 players, and having only a seperate screen was one idea I had. Not that this neccessarily means it's a good idea, but it's gratifying to see that at least a company bothered to develop the idea to production level.
My worry is that the remote won't be easy to use. To be honest I don't like the iHP remote too much, I don't find it easy to look at the screen and operate the buttons at the same time. I think the proportions are round the wrong way, and the M3 seems to be arranged the same way. But it might just be my big hands...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back