I woke up scared half to death last night
Dec 9, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #16 of 27
don't you just hate that...

I woke up one time thinking i was shot to death in the stomach, woke up and my stomach was seering in pain in my stomach... had to run to the toilet and gag...

Dreams screw with you but they are heavily influenced on your physical state and reacting to whatever.

Dec 9, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
Heh, I've been out of college nearly 5 years, and I have a recurring dream where I forget that I'm in a class (usually something like English/Lit, which I suck at) for nearly the whole semester - and then suddenly, in the last week or two (way past the deadline for dropping a class), I'll remember about it. Then I panic, thinking about all the assignments I've probably missed and the upcoming final. Usually I do remember attending the first 1 or 2 sessions of the class, though. The scary thing is that something like this isn't that far-fetched for me in real life - which makes the dream all the more realistic.

Anyways, as far as recurring dreams go this is pretty lame. I dream about college and this is all my brain can come up with?? LOL.

How bizarre. I have that dream too. A lot. And it terrifies me. ._. I'm still in college though, although I've never come close to doing that.
wink.gif

I wonder what it stems from and why so many people seem to have it?

edit: Check this out-- http://www.samuelfreedman.com/articl...t09082004.html

and this too: http://www.jimmyakin.org/2004/12/that_dream.html

Weird, man!

Dec 9, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
The dream was about being in school and forgetting to show up for a final exam.

confused.gif

I thought I was the only one!!!

I keep failing those math tests in my dreams...everytime the same dream - I fail the test and the teacher reads out my score and it is the class lowest.

Strange thing is - I wake up feeling really anxious and sweating profusely...

Horrible...I need to go have a talk with that teacher. Worst thing is that i've been out of school for almost 10 years and this thing shows no signs of letting up!!
eek.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I had a weird "nightmare" last night too.

Woke up feeling a high level of anxiety.

The dream was about being in school and forgetting to show up for a final exam.

Weird. It's been over ten years since I've been in college and at the end of it, I didn't really have any exams so to speak, as I was a design major and had critiques/reviews instead. Was pretty difficult to forget a deadline, since I was not really sleeping much anyways.

-Ed

EXACT same dream 2 days ago. Must be the finals..

Dec 9, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #20 of 27
I wish I could have dreams as simple as exams. Mine are always way off the deep end with people I haven't seen in years involved. Either that or I dream of doing a full day of work (usually with some kind of catastrophe involved) only to wake up and have to go to work.

Dec 9, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
Heh, I've been out of college nearly 5 years, and I have a recurring dream where I forget that I'm in a class (usually something like English/Lit, which I suck at) for nearly the whole semester - and then suddenly, in the last week or two (way past the deadline for dropping a class), I'll remember about it. Then I panic, thinking about all the assignments I've probably missed and the upcoming final. Usually I do remember attending the first 1 or 2 sessions of the class, though. The scary thing is that something like this isn't that far-fetched for me in real life - which makes the dream all the more realistic.

Anyways, as far as recurring dreams go this is pretty lame. I dream about college and this is all my brain can come up with?? LOL.

wow, im surprised at how many people have the same dreams. I too have had this recurring dream and it freaks me out. I guess when you go to school for like 18 years of your life, you tend to dream school related dreams. hmmm...

Dec 9, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #22 of 27
I stopped getting the "end of the term is almost over and you suddenly realize that there's this class you haven't been to all semester" after I finished college. I don't seem to dream about school anymore.

That type of dream did come up fairly often during college though. Probably brough on because I didn't show up for most of my classes during my last three years, which caused a few "hey, you know there's a test today right?" "...crap..." moments.

Dec 9, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #23 of 27
yeah binaural recordings i couldnt remember what they were called. A few are very relaxing but i threw the others in also just to fill more memory and have more to listen to.

One of them sounds liek a water fall or somthing and many times last summer i woke up thinking it was raining out and i left my car window rolled down. Ive had that one about 3 times, its because of the recordings im almost positive. Ive had a few where i wake up thinking some one is in my room messing around. Im not sure what file that is. Its a rusteling one that has some decent bass in it.

THe fireworks one is on this group but my E3s dont have much bass. If they had more bass im sure that would scare me a little. At the begining of the file the people have no warning the fireworks are about to start, it starts with a cannon blast and you can hear everyone jump and inhale from the scare.

Dec 10, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #24 of 27
It's funny how dreams become reality or reality become dreams. I have a nightmare every so offen, that really mimics reality. However wearing "Depends" helps ward off any anxioty upon wakeing up. Happens everytime I eat "Five Alarm Chile".
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
basshead.gif

Dec 10, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #25 of 27
Occasionally my girlfriend has very vivid nightmares. So vivid that she occasionally screams in her sleep.

That is terror my friends.

Being torn from slumber by a healthy female with a suprising lung capacity screaming bloody murder. Six inched from your ear.

The first feeling is confusion, followed by dread and concern that she may be in the process of being brutally murdered in the bed beside you. Finally realization hits that she is having a nightmare and your half paralyzed heart stops palpitating.

Needless to say, the few times it has happened has shaved a few precious years from my life!

Dec 10, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #26 of 27
This is so weird. I have been out of college for 20 yrs & have similiar dreams to the rest of you about school. I often dream that I find out that my high school diploma is taken back & I have to do high school & college all over. But I won't go to class & when I decide to finally go I can't remember where the class it or what time it meets. I had no idea anyone else has these school dreams.

Dec 10, 2005 at 5:52 AM Post #27 of 27
This thread is comforting to me (in a way). I also suffer from the high schoo/college/law school dream in which I forget to attend that one darn class and it all hits the fan near graduation.

The only way I think I can tell that I'm becoming more mature is that, in the dream, I am starting to get better grades in the other classes that I remembered to attend.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back