I was waiting like a drooling dog for the UPS man....
May 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

willrun4fun

New Head-Fier
But now that my Grado SR-60i headphones are here I am in heaven 
smily_headphones1.gif

Listening to everything from Mozart to Dream Theater this afternoon.
My Laptop drives them fine playing FLAC files in Foobar2000, but I can tell a difference when listening to CDs with my Denon DVD-3300 deck that has a built in headphone amp.

The live Mozart piano pieces just sound amazing.
Some good rock is great to.

Hopefully I can get to bed tonight LOL.

May 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 9
A wise piece of advice:
Don't mod them right away.

I learned the hard way.

May 13, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #6 of 9
Yeah no kidding on the downward spirals. Already spent $100 since I got mines on a DAC. I'm also eyeballing an RS2i which isn't healthy at all D:

Incredibly addicting, though! I should be sleeping now but instead I'm here listening to Journey

May 13, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #7 of 9
I left them playing random MP3s from my iTunes library over night to break them in some.

Little Metric to wake me up this AM.

Threw "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis in the CD player last night.  Nice.

A Semi portable DAC to use with my laptop (Dell Inspiron Studio Series 15) will be on the list for the future.  Need a new Garage door right now though..... priorities.

Andy

May 13, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Yeah no kidding on the downward spirals. Already spent $100 since I got mines on a DAC. I'm also eyeballing an RS2i which isn't healthy at all D:

Incredibly addicting, though! I should be sleeping now but instead I'm here listening to Journey

Good call!  "Faithfully" is playing now.  Gonna have to put my 4K+ song library to use today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back