I want to upgrade from the M-50
Jan 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Xprime4

100+ Head-Fier
I won't be using an external amp and i'll mainly use the headphone on the fly with my ipod touch 4th gen. That got to get loud enough with little power

i want a clearer/more bass content and good quality all around. I listen to rnb alot.

Would the denon 1100 fit the bill, i can get them for like 115$
otherwise where should i look, i've read alot in here in the last days, but i'm just so lost.

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
I won't be using an external amp and i'll mainly use the headphone on the fly with my ipod touch 4th gen. That got to get loud enough with little power

i want a clearer/more bass content and good quality all around. I listen to rnb alot.

Would the denon 1100 fit the bill, i can get them for like 115$
otherwise where should i look, i've read alot in here in the last days, but i'm just so lost.

Do you want full sized headphones, or would you consider IEMs? While there are some easy to drive full sizers out there, IEMs will be the best for use off of an iPod if efficiency is your main concern. 

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 9
sorry prediction text on my tablet.

Is is possible to have a rich sound with in ear around 200$. I had cx line senheiser that were rated as good in air and they sound aweful to me with shrilling sibilence

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Is is possible to have a rich sound with in ear around 200$. I had cx line senheiser that were rated as good in air and they sound aweful to me with shrilling sibilence

I rock the Yuin PK2 with Yurbuds sleeves on them and they sound amazing! There are a lot of Yuin fans on head-fi that would agree with me, and the Yurbuds only make them sound better and super comfortable. The buds alone are $80 and the sleeves can be found for $15.

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 9
For around $200 if you do decide to go with IEM's look into the Vsonic's, like the GR07. They are a great all around IEM. 

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 9
IEM might be what i'm looking for, but i have the impression that they can't perform at the same level of 'richness' in sound that full size headphone, i'm i wrong?

I have the Sennheiser CX 300-II, which were rated good at the time of buying and i never really love them compared to the m50. I want a smooth treble and strong bass with alot subsonic lowend.
I'm reading on the V Gr07, but are they in another league than the senheiser? I hate sibiliance

Jan 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Yes, I've heard iems that rival my best full-sized headphones, and they do have the benefit of sounding their best without an amp.  I've only owned a few pairs- SE530 have very smooth treble if that's a concern, but there are many others that can be found at your price range.  ljokerl has a very thorough roundup of iems:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-267-iems-compared-fitear-to-go-334-added-12-16-12#post_6492044

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 9
I finally ordered some dt1350 online, i'll be getting them next week i guess.

I tried senheiser cxc700 as far as iem goes, I absolutly hate them and return them pretty quick.
I exchange them for monsters vektr that were on sale 50% at futureshop and they weren't really better than the m50 so once again i returned them

I have a good feeling about the dt1350, i just hope my ipod touch 4gen will power them properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back