I Want to Kill
Feb 25, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #16 of 26
I thought the wonderful natural earwax would do for protection! :p There is nothing but lint, hair, my sweat and maybe my own bacteria. Yeah I do tend to clean after someone uses my headphone which is rare.

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #18 of 26
I use Wet Ones baby wipes. Great for sanitizing. And is not potentially damaging like IP alcohol is.

Uh, for lice, you'll have to look with a magnifying glass and use a pair of tweezers.

If you are really really paranoid about bugs in general, use a RAID Fumigator (not Fogger), and bomb the whole room with your headphones out. Let headphones air out for a few days before wearing. Wipe down with Wet Ones or just damp cloth to clean afterwards.

Oh, and uh, only use one fumigator, and it helps if you or anything living is not in the room at the same time.

-Ed

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
lick it clean

How much do you charge per lick? I would rather pay for this type of service.
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #22 of 26
I seriously doubt its lice. Im hoping the majority of the head fiers hear are not that bad.

Lice sticks to your hair and scalp. I dont think they live in your ears. Inspect the headphone pads. and see if you see any critters crawling on the pads.

It might be alergic reaction, David. Possibly someone with facial cream or cologne, may have left traces that your skin may have an adverse reaction too.

So far Ive wiped down my pads and shampoo'd them. They look good as new. Anyone know how to remove the headband portion of the cushions?

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
I seriously doubt its lice. Im hoping the majority of the head fiers hear are not that bad.

Lice sticks to your hair and scalp. I dont think they live in your ears. Inspect the headphone pads. and see if you see any critters crawling on the pads.

It might be alergic reaction, David. Possibly someone with facial cream or cologne, may have left traces that your skin may have an adverse reaction too.

So far Ive wiped down my pads and shampoo'd them. They look good as new. Anyone know how to remove the headband portion of the cushions?

I agree, it's most likely not lice because only my ears are itchy and nothing else. I suspect, it might be a fungal type substance because I believe bacteria can't survive without a host for long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
Lysol?

I don't think it's safe to use Lysol on products that come in direct contact w/ the skin. Check the label, I could be wrong...

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
They look good as new. Anyone know how to remove the headband portion of the cushions?

Prize one of the endclips off and slot out the headband. Easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back