I WANT... the Best universal on planet Earth
Dec 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

SoundFreaq

Headphoneus Supremus
I WANT to have to not worry about getting the right custom fit

I WANT to be able to take 'em anywhere and have fantastic sound and not worry about durability

I WANT to be able to lush out in bed without hauling a bunch of equipment with me 

I WANT an isolating top-tier IEM with robust bass, liquid mids, and smooth highs that aren't sibilant

I WANT to be sucked into the music, not the sound

I WANT to not have to worry about it anymore 
beerchug.gif

TG!334
K3003
FI-BA-SS
AGS-2
????

Thank you all for indulging my preschool antics. 

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 40
Peter,

Had the W4. I liked them so much I went for the ES5. Now I miss the W4's universality. However, I am a tad sensitive to sibilance and liked the W4 with comply only, which is a hassle in and of itself. 

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #4 of 40
Quote:
Peter,

Had the W4. I liked them so much I went for the ES5. Now I miss the W4's universality. However, I am a tad sensitive to sibilance and liked the W4 with comply only, which is a hassle in and of itself. 

What eartips did you try them with? 

I like the SE535s, but their treble can be rolled off a bit in comparison. The good news though is not much siblance as a result. Had the IE8/IE80s and never liked them much. I would love to try the new UE universals sometime soon though. 

Stay away from the new AKGs...blah at best to my ears.

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #7 of 40
I've heard of the new Heir stuff, I will definitely check it out. 

Peter, I tried quite a bit. All of the stocks, many comply's, and the EarPortz, which I could never get to fit right after hearing so much good about them. 

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 40
If money is no object, that new Tralucent 1plus2 is eliciting some pretty good responses (more comparable to full sized hi end phones than IEMs? Hmmm) Fit looks pretty woeful though

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:
I've heard of the new Heir stuff, I will definitely check it out. 

Peter, I tried quite a bit. All of the stocks, many comply's, and the EarPortz, which I could never get to fit right after hearing so much good about them. 

Even with the Comply's? I get no siblance with them and the Complies. That's the issue with universal's...they're not so globally universal. 
smile.gif

Have you considered portable headphones like the beyer DT1350s or Sennheiser Amperiors?

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #10 of 40
I did not get sibilance with the complies, but my wax-friendly ears had me blasting through Comply like nothing else. 

I tried a few smaller portable on/over ears. I'd like to keep the package very small and pocketable if need be. 

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #11 of 40
Quote:
I did not get sibilance with the complies, but my wax-friendly ears had me blasting through Comply like nothing else. 

I tried a few smaller portable on/over ears. I'd like to keep the package very small and pocketable if need be. 

Shure olives?

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #12 of 40
For the sound your looking for something like the SM3 or SE535 would be a good choice along with the W4, they all have a warmer non sibilant sound.  The K3003 and FI-BA-SS are quite bright but if you have the money to spend on the 334's I'd say go for it because they are also on the warmer side from what I've read and if I had the money thoughs would be my choice.  I still think the IEM's in the $400 range would be more than good enough and you'd save about a grand.

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #13 of 40
I owned shure se535, westone um3x, earsonic sm3, westone 4... and tg334 without a second thought, blows them out of the water, whether it's the soundstage, 3d imaging, lows mids highs. comparison are actually quite ridiculous. That's with a stock cable, with the to go cable 000... Well, all i can say is that they are of a different whole class. Not to mention the fit and build quality of tg334 is the absolute best I've ever seen. Period.
I also have heard ue900, and k3003 briefly ... and too bad the seal of k3003 just doesn't do it for me.

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #14 of 40
I agree with that.
I also tried the K3003 and the FI-BA-SS but in my opinion the TG334 are with no doubt the better IEM's. Maybe the only universal which compete easily the best CIEM on the market.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #15 of 40
I owned shure se535, westone um3x, earsonic sm3, westone 4... and tg334 without a second thought, blows them out of the water, whether it's the soundstage, 3d imaging, lows mids highs. comparison are actually quite ridiculous. That's with a stock cable, with the to go cable 000... Well, all i can say is that they are of a different whole class. Not to mention the fit and build quality of tg334 is the absolute best I've ever seen. Period.
I also have heard ue900, and k3003 briefly ... and too bad the seal of k3003 just doesn't do it for me.

Agree!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back