I want some A100Ti's!
Nov 25, 2002 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
Darn all of you guys and this site! After being on here for about 6 months, i think I have tracked down a pair of cans that are calling my name-- the Audio Technica A100Ti's.

I listen to alot of rock, some heavier stuff and alot of hip hop/rap. I have found that a good "test disc" for me is Madonna's "True Blue" album-- it's mixed very well and is a good test of brightness, body, accuracy, etc.

I'm currently very happy with my recent Sony MDR-7505 purchase, and will be happy to stick with that and my D-25S and SL-CT790 for a long time, but I believe the A100Ti's will be the goal to shoot for.

So who has tried these or owns them and can give me some opinions? Also, how much can I expect to pay for these things?

thanks in advance!
appar111

Nov 25, 2002 at 2:00 AM Post #2 of 9
Hi,
A100ti works wonder with various type of musics, especially those of your preference. You can pick one up at Audiocube.com for a new one for a little less than 300 dollars shipped or you can do Abaze a favor and buy this A100ti (with little imperfection) for around 240 dollars in buy/trade forum.

If you don't want to pick up an amp, you are fine. A100ti show off its muscle even if you are ampless, thanks to 32 ohms impedance.

Nov 25, 2002 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 9
Purk-
thanks for the response--- I only wish I had a few hundred to spare-- but with the Christmas season coming up, I can't swing it.

Abaze, if you read this and can hold onto those babies for a couple months, I should be able to take them off your hands, but I'm guessing you will want to sell them quicker than that. The dent is noticeable in those pics, but something like that is completely irrelevant to how those cans will sound. Maybe I should sell the strat to free up some money and just be done with it--- lol..

Nov 25, 2002 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 9
thanks Purk.
appar111, a few months?
confused.gif
sigh..drop me a pm when you're ready then. btw, i'm only asking for $230 now
tongue.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 9
no you don't.

you will not be happy until you get akg k1000's. i know. he warned me, but i didn't listen... no, i just had to know what they sounded like... ain't nothing out there that can touch them (for the price -$450). i'm a believer.

if you're happy with your sony's - then be happy and don't listen to all the hype here. goals will change. wait until the byer dt880's come out. the feeding frenzy will start anew. a new king will be proclaimed, and the masses will sing it's praises to high heaven. then the senn hd700's will come out, followed by the ety's, followed by...

find someone near you who has one and listen to them first. although i must say that i do like the sound of my akg 501's - nice midrange but not as sweet as the beyer dt831's. but you're a basshead (or so i believe), and as such even the smooth bass of the senn600's may not satisfy you. every phone has some type of colouration. you can get used to just about anything. (although i can't take sony v6's and unmodded gradoes).

have you heard the dt770's? - they sound like they may be your cup of tea. and someone is usually selling one in the for sale section reasonably priced.

keep repeating to yourself, "i don't need the ath a100ti's..."

Nov 25, 2002 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 9
can the Beyer 770's be used without an amp? Yeah, I guess I am sort of a basshead, but one that can appreciate and finds the need for more than simply "bass". How much do the 770's go for?

Abaze-- $230 is a great price on those-- I'm surprised they haven't sold yet. But I just know how many people I have to buy for when Christmas time comes around, and the finances just won't afford it (thank God there is no current girlfriend, or I never would have gotten the 7505's!)

Since we're throwing a few different ones out here, how would the Senn 580's compare to the A100Ti's? Can they be used without an amp as well?

Nov 25, 2002 at 5:52 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Abaze-- $230 is a great price on those-- I'm surprised they haven't sold yet. But I just know how many people I have to buy for when Christmas time comes around, and the finances just won't afford it (thank God there is no current girlfriend, or I never would have gotten the 7505's!)

I think the only reason that his A100ti hasn't been sold is purly based on the successor of A100ti and W100, A1000 and W1000 options.

Quote:

Since we're throwing a few different ones out here, how would the Senn 580's compare to the A100Ti's? Can they be used without an amp as well?

A100ti has no problem out-performing the Senn HD-580 in Rock, Pop, and Rap, with stock cable. I still think the Senn HD-580 is better still in Jazz, and classical music. The A100ti is very balanced headphone. Bass, Treble, soundstage is deliver with ease. The midrange is not as good as the HD-580's, but still very good.

The A100ti is very efficient headphones. It sound impressive with my Discman, and Minidisc setup. I think the A100ti is one perfect cans (sound, fit and finish, efficientcy, comfort, and no need for upgrade) with the ability to do it all. There are better cans, of course, but at a very expensive price.

P.S.

I prefer my Senn HD-600 with Clou Red to the A100ti.

Nov 25, 2002 at 6:04 AM Post #9 of 9
hey purk, sorry if you've replied before. but what is it about the Senns that you like over the ATs? just curious.

personally. I think its a great inconvenience to have TWO separate wires sticking out of the phones. thats why I never even considered any models with that kind of design.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back